Speedster hood question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster hood question

I see by the Chassis Parts Book that the K-7 (Speedster) hood has a different part number from the K-5 and C models. Can someone explain what the difference is?
    Thanks

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/64%20Daytona%20Convertible/Copy%20of%20DaytonaConvert7-20-06.JPG[/img=right]

Paul Johnson
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

different holes for the hood ornament?

just a guess,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

That is correct.
      Klif

55 Speedster
      42 Champ Coupe
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Yup,

That L O N G slender Speedster ornament requires holes different from the standard '55 airplane.

Even tho you didn't ask this, Paul, I'll mention it once again since we're on the subject of 55 hood ornaments. Aside from the Speedster's unique ornament, there were FOUR other hood ornaments used. The President series cars had the stylized plane with gold plating on it's forward portion. Commander and Champion cars had all chrome.
        Besides that, there are two different castings of the plane employed. One for sedans and wagons and one for C-K cars. They look an awful lot alike - on purpose. But one won't fit the other because of the different hood contours. BE CAREFUL to get the right one for your car if you're looking to buy one at a swap meet or off ebay. The fit's not even close if you get the wrong one.[V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X