This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Studebaker Champion

Hey i have a 1948 Studebaker Champion which is being currently worked on. I was wondering what the price range would be for it, based on the condition. (from poor to showroom condition).

Depending on body style and condition, from the 4 door sedan, 2 door sedan, business coupe, Startlight coupe, convertible in order of increasing value. i.e. a poor 4 door might be a few 100 dollars, a trailer queen rag top 20K or more. We need more data.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Avanti
    54 3R Pickup

JDP Maryland

Comment

Did Champion only come in a 4 door model?

Mine is prob. only worth.......Hmmmmm

One million dollars

But it all reality it's prob. only worth 500bucks!!

Comment

DanO FYI

Production chart for 1949

8G Champion Price ($) Produced

DeLuxe sedan 2 dr 1.657 10.359
        DeLuxe sedan 4 dr 1.689 20.134
        DeLuxe 3 pas coupe 1.588 1.642
        DeLuxe 5 pas coupe 1.683 5.917
        Regal DeLuxe sedan 2 dr 1.731 5.618
        Regal Deluxe sedan 4 dr 1.762 24.328
        Regal DeLx 3 pas coupe 1.652 718
        Regal Duxe 5 pas coupe 1.757 9.828
        Regal DeLuxe conv coupe 2.086 7.035

Cheers

'49 Starlight Coupe
        1936 Miller Replica

Comment

so it's worth is/was $1,689.00?
          and there was 20,134 built?

Not too bad I paid 1,500.00 for it back in Dec.

Yep! Gonna be worth Mmmmmmmmm

One million dollars !! [B)]

Comment

What about a 48 Champ convertible? My grandad's first car when he was 16 was a 17 year old 48 Champ-vertible his dad paid $35.00 for. He drove it for a couple of years, the top rotted and blew of, the tires got slick, the starter started dragging, and a few more minor things went wrong with it. He didn't know how to work on cars at the time, and figured up that it would cost him $250.00 to fix up a $35.00 car, so he sold it for $15.00. [:0][:0][}] But things got better, he moved on to a 54 Champ coupe and then on to a series of Hawks. The last being a Sky Hawk that he flipped. He had to sell his 40 Commander because of the wreck too.(My mother was a few months old at the time, and if she had have been in her car seat instead of her mama' lap in the front, I wouldn't be here as the top crushed the car seat.[:0]) After that, he didn't own another Stude until he bought a 57 Silver Hawk in 1979, which is here:

took the pics out, way too big.

And so the story goes...

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter

63 Daytona HT (project)
            51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
            52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

I bought my 4-door sedan last summer for $200. I believe, based on watching sales of similar vehicles that have been restored, that it will be worth (on the market) between $6-7,000 restored.

doctormap
              '48 Champion 4-door

Comment

Ah, Matt. It's like twisting a knife in my stomach when I see that black 1957 hawk 6. I know you're grandpa won't sell it - such a shame. I would part with my GT hawk for that one - but alas! It's not meant to be...
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I know this will hurt even more Scott, but that 57 Hawk has a full flow 289 (from a 63 Hawk), 3 speed OD tranny, and a TT rear. He has the V-8 emblems to go on the fenders but he hasn't put them on yet.

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

Yeah, Matt. That hurts a little. I like the V8s OK, but I like the light feel of the flathead 6 in a hawk. With the right speed equipment (like dual single barrel carbs), I am pretty sure I would prefer it over the V8. Still, if that hawk drove by with a for sale sign on it I'd be getting a pen out!
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

A Hawk needs a V-8. but that's just me. My dad was seriously thinking of bidding on that NICE 57 Hawk 6 on ebay just last week.

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

Hey, Matt. Shrink that Daytona photo quite a bit, so we don't have to scroll way to the right just to read everyone's words. [8D]

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                        The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                        The Red-Headed Amazon
                        Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Hey sorry bout the wait. Mine is a 48 Deluxe 4-door sedan
                          [img][/img]
                          If the picture doesn't show up, that means I don't know how to put one in.
                          Mine has minimal rust on the left side, has an engine that runs and brakes that work. The carbeurator will probably have to be replaced, and one wheel needs spacers. The clutch and gears work fine, and so do the windshield washers, headlights, taillights, turn lights, dome lights (in back seat), but the heater core will be replaced. Other than that, the car is in pretty good condition.

Comment

Also, if anyone knows how to get a history report on a 48 studebaker, that would be great. Thanks.

Comment

This may help

'49 Starlight Coupe
                              1936 Miller Replica

Comment

Working...
                              X