Interior Paint Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Paint Color

I have conflicting information, What is the corect color for the interior of a 1954 Ragal Starlight Coupe painted Nocturne Blue over Vienna Blue? Thanks

Domenic Manera
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe
    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
    City of York Fire Department
    York, SC 29745
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Interiors of all 1953's were Loma Gray, Dupont M6012K Alt CF01 but I think the 54's varied, depending on body color. I'm sure soneone here will know what you need.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Interiors of all 1953's were Loma Gray, Dupont M6012K Alt CF01 but I think the 54's varied, depending on body color. I'm sure soneone here will know what you need.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I bought a '53-'54 body parts catalog because it has an interior color chart that is not in the '53-'58 catalog. It shows only Aura Blue used with those exterior colors. It's always remotely possible a different color might have been special ordered, or different colors introduced later in the production year.

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I bought a '53-'54 body parts catalog because it has an interior color chart that is not in the '53-'58 catalog. It shows only Aura Blue used with those exterior colors. It's always remotely possible a different color might have been special ordered, or different colors introduced later in the production year.

Dwain G.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I want to clarify some information here that may be misconstrued by extrapolation. All 1953 Starlights had Loma Gray interiors, but all 1953 Starliners did NOT have Loma Gray interiors.

The interior trim of a 1954 with Vienna Blue as the main color should be Aura Blue. This applies UNLESS your car has a vinyl or leather interior, then the interior trim should be Mauve Tan. There were 16 different interior combinations for 1954 Starlights. This is a far cry from the 1953 offerings.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I want to clarify some information here that may be misconstrued by extrapolation. All 1953 Starlights had Loma Gray interiors, but all 1953 Starliners did NOT have Loma Gray interiors.

The interior trim of a 1954 with Vienna Blue as the main color should be Aura Blue. This applies UNLESS your car has a vinyl or leather interior, then the interior trim should be Mauve Tan. There were 16 different interior combinations for 1954 Starlights. This is a far cry from the 1953 offerings.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sedans had "Loma Gray" as well.......

Glen Brose
                East of Chino Valley, AZ
                The Home of "Charlene"
                53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Sedans had "Loma Gray" as well.......

Glen Brose
                  East of Chino Valley, AZ
                  The Home of "Charlene"
                  53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studehunter

I have conflicting information, What is the corect color for the interior of a 1954 Ragal Starlight Coupe painted Nocturne Blue over Vienna Blue? Thanks
                    Sorry this is such poor quality, but if your eyes are good enough, maybe you can find your answer.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                    Museum R-4 engine
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studehunter

Sorry this is such poor quality, but if your eyes are good enough, maybe you can find your answer.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                      Museum R-4 engine
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

My '54 Champion Starliner is Nocturne Blue over Vienna Blue, and it has a blue interior in which the metal and other hard parts (dash, etc.) are slightly different in color than the Vienna Blue exterior. So, Aura Blue it is, apparently! Not that this means anything definitive, but I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Comment

My '54 Champion Starliner is Nocturne Blue over Vienna Blue, and it has a blue interior in which the metal and other hard parts (dash, etc.) are slightly different in color than the Vienna Blue exterior. So, Aura Blue it is, apparently! Not that this means anything definitive, but I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Comment

Curious, what is the 'conflicting information' about your interior colors? I failed to notice the color change with a vinyl interior, and I'll bet that's what you have?

Dwain G.

Comment

Curious, what is the 'conflicting information' about your interior colors? I failed to notice the color change with a vinyl interior, and I'll bet that's what you have?

Dwain G.

Comment

Working...
                              X