X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Champion rag top

All I can say is WOW!!!!!
    But why in hell did they use that upholstery?
    Comes pretty darn close to being a new car though,don't you think?

That's just nuts, the plain factory leather would look so much better.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    63 Daytona Convert.

JDP Maryland

Comment

Beautiful job, but the seat treatment is so out of place. You wonder if some other things were done wrong also.

53 Commander Hardtop
      64 Champ 1/2 ton
      WA state
      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
      50 Champion 2 door*
      53 Commander K Auto*
      53 Commander K overdrive*
      55 President Speedster
      62 GT 4Speed*
      63 Avanti R1*
      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

That's purdy - save for the '87 Chrysler Fifth Avenue-inspired upholstery. My only other complaint (and I didn't scan the pics very closely) is the placement of the rear gravel pan (beneath the rear bumper). It needs to go in significantly more at it's bottom edge. It looks dorky, the way it is.[}]
        That said, it'll be interesting to see if it gets anywhere NEAR it's BIN price. I'm not sure even a Commander in this shape could climb that mountain. not saying it couldn't cost that much to make one look like this (provided you paid to have everything done) - just that I don't think anyone's ready to pay $29K for one yet.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ddub
          [brYou wonder if some other things were done wrong also.
          Other than the seats, I had to get REAL picky to find something wrong with that beautiful car...but you'd think for $29k that it would have a Willard Battery...

-Dick-
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I DIDN'T CARE FOR THE LOOKS OF THE SEATS BUT THEY ARE PROBALY COMFORTABLE! OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE BUT MAYBE WORTH IT. CHAMP[8D]

Comment

One other thing,the inner fenders should be body color,not black ,at least I think so?
              Makes you wonder about why someone could do so much beautiful work and screw up on some readily visible items.
              That would be enough to knock it out of 1st place on the concourse wouldn't it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

One other thing,the inner fenders should be body color,not black ,at least I think so?
                Makes you wonder about why someone could do so much beautiful work and screw up on some readily visible items.
                That would be enough to knock it out of 1st place on the concourse wouldn't it.
                Unless it was in a modified class, the interior should knock it out of a first place in a CONCOURS. The front inner fenders are wrong color, the rear window should have a chrome frame, the rear fender welting should be painted body color, the battery label is way too late for the car, the front bumper is installed at an incorrect angle, etc. There are plenty of items that keep it from being a correct "restoration." It is a nice car for what it is and I think should bring about $20K.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just to nit pick some more: missing the stainless reveal around windshield? Wasn't that standard on converts?
                  Hard to tell in pics, but plastic tips in accessory fender markers should be red?
                  Plastic tip on turn-signal wand from later cars? Should be cone-shaped, like a clown hat.

Don't get me wrong--A BEAUTIFUL, GREAT CAR!
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

"Placement of the rear gravel pan, inner fenders should be body color, the rear window should have a chrome frame, the rear fender welting should be painted body color, the battery label is way too late for the car, the front bumper is installed at an incorrect angle, missing the stainless reveal around windshield."

Wow, you guys are a tough audience! And you should be . . . it's how the Studebaker tradition continues. As for the upholstery, this is an obvious tribute to that late, great American institution: The Mustang Ranch.

Comment

Working...
                    X