This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seat belts

I am making my 62 hawk into a daily driver. Has anyone installed three point seat belts, and where did you get them? I want them to look nice.

I had three point seat belts in a 1961 Fiat 1200D. Lap and shoulder straps were anchored on the rear floor . I had an accident and they saved me. I do not know if this is the peoper route but I did the same for seat belts in a Kaiser, I neded van length belts for the shoulder strap in the Kaiser. I'm not aware of any laws describing approved installation methods.

Comment

I only have lap belts in the President.

Comment

I onlly have lap belts in my Hawks. Doing the 3 point with shoulder belts would be tough with the hardtop configuration. However, if you change seats to those from a recent GM model that has shoulder belts built into the seat it would work real easy.

Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Yes those seats would work but I have all new seats in the car now. I am sure it is going to have to be something like the early 70's cars had or near that. They rolled back up when released.
          quote:Originally posted by Dan White

I onlly have lap belts in my Hawks. Doing the 3 point with shoulder belts would be tough with the hardtop configuration. However, if you change seats to those from a recent GM model that has shoulder belts built into the seat it would work real easy.

Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT

Comment

The ones that I am referring to are from about '99 on that had the seatbelts inside the outer side of the seat. Check out any of the new GM cars and trucks.

Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            58 C Cab
            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I think any seat belt would work as a seat belt.

Comment

I had thought of changing the seats to get head rest also. I jus thate the thought of taking out seats that have just been done. I would have to get the new seats redone to match the back seats.
                quote:Originally posted by Dan White

The ones that I am referring to are from about '99 on that had the seatbelts inside the outer side of the seat. Check out any of the new GM cars and trucks.

Dan White
                64 R1 GT
                64 R2 GT

Comment

Working...
                X