This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-cab seat

Is the front seat used in the 59 lark the same as T-cab trucks? My truck is missing it's seat and I have one from a 59 lark sedan. I know the truck had the little wood spacer blocks, is there a difference in mounting brackets between car and truck?

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    61 Cursed Purple Hawk
    64 Champ long bed V8
    64 GT

Have to know the year and body number of your truck before I could tell you the part nos. for the brackets, the only time I have ever seen wood under the seat brackets was a cobbeled up home instalation.

Comment

It SEEMS to me that I had to address this question a few years ago, when we were building a Champ outta bits and pieces. We needed a seat and the Lark seat wouldn't straddle the hump in the Champ's floor so we sought and found a sho''nuf Champ seat.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's a 64 long bed v-8 with overdrive. I still have the two blocks of wood that the prier owner pulled out with the orginal seat? I was told this is the way they came. Of course I would like an orginal seat if I can find one or if I have to I can check the junk yard for buckets but I like the bench style seat.

53commander HDTP
        53 Champion HDTP
        61 Cursed Purple Hawk
        64 Champ long bed V8
        64 GT
        64 Champ long bed V8
        55/53 Studebaker President S/R
        53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

8E5 before or after serial no. 136,332?

Comment

Just about any Lark seat will fit as long as you use the little wooden spacers. My 64 Champs original seat was long gone so I used a split back bench seat from a 63 2dr sedan. Later I looked in the Champ parts book and the same seat was optional in Champs. The reason you need the spacers is the floor pan in Champs is bumped up to clear the gas tank.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Alan

Have to know the year and body number of your truck before I could tell you the part nos. for the brackets, the only time I have ever seen wood under the seat brackets was a cobbeled up home instalation.
              The wooden spacers have been in all original Champ seat installations I have seen. All or most of those are 7E or 8E

Comment

1344078 for the right and 1344079 for the left if you you use these you won't need the wood blocks.

Comment

Alan, the serial # is E7-22342 bottom says 8E7-122
                  I guess that is for the v8 and wheel base?
                  Another plate has 8E-T6 on it.

I have nos door panel material. I wonder if you can still get nos
                  material for the seat?
                  Thanks for the bracket numbers.
                  I also like the idea of using the split back lark seats!

53commander HDTP
                  53 Champion HDTP
                  61 Cursed Purple Hawk
                  64 Champ long bed V8
                  64 GT
                  64 Champ long bed V8
                  55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                  53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

The nice thing about Stude's is they swaped around a lot of things, the seats are 2 styles, the solid seat out of the 4 doors and the split back from the 2 door. The only difference is the adjuster brackets. All 8E7's from 19,104 to 8E7-21596 use those brackets. But then again my book and experence only goes to the end of 63.

Comment

They also used the reclining split seats in 4-Doors

Studebaker Fever
                      60 Lark
                      51 Champion
                      Phil

Studebaker Fever
                      60 Lark
                      56 Power Hawk
                      Phil Hendrickson
                      Arnold, Missouri

Comment