This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolt pattern

I just bought a 47 commander starlight coupe. I need to know what the rim bolt pattern is. I want to bring some rims and tires to aid in loading this thing. I heard it is five on five, like a chevy truck, is this right?

put you left foot in....put your left foot out

The hole pattern is 5 on 4 1/2"

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Are you sure? Some of the earlier cars had a larger pattern. I know a '41 Commander used something like 5 on 5.

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      62 Daytona hardtop
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

That is exactly the problem I have....I have had people tell me both answers.....I need someone who has a car and KNOWS FOR SURE!!!

put you left foot in....put your left foot out

Comment

You will have to measure it yourself. I have a 63 Champ truck that had 5 on 5 rims but I have 71 Dodge Charger 11 1/2 discs and a Ford 9" in the rear that came from Currie with 5 on 4 1/2" now some guys around here will want to argue with you all day about the pattern the only way is to get out the tape. Measure from center of one stud to the center of another in line 5 on 4 1/2" will be approx. 2.650" and 5 on 5 will be approx. 2.975"

Comment

It is a 15 X 6 wheel with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. This can be proven by reconciling part numbers for wheels, brake drums and hubs with the same numbers in the truck parts books. But like a truck, just any old wheel may not fit the drum properly because the bolt circle is recessed. (You'll see when you remove the old wheel) For loading-unloading purposes though I wouldn't worry about that if you aren't actually purchasing wheels yet.

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

5 on 5 pattern. FOR SURE.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

allo all,, new 'ere,,

I am trying to buy wheels for my 54 Stude truck and I'm guessing that chevy 5 on 5's will interchange? That whole recessed bolt circle has me concerned....

and speaking of 6V wiper motors,,,, is there a easy interchange for my truck from vacuum to 6V?

whatta forum!!

Comment

Welcome, Tirebiter! I asked the same question, since I have a similar truck. Check out this thread, there are some very helpful links further down in it:

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
                  "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                  The Red-Headed Amazon
                  Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Working...
                  X