Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of Car did the Green Hornet drive?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of Car did the Green Hornet drive?

What kind of Car did the Green Hornet drive?
    You know, the Green Hornet & Kato!

1960 LARK(4-Door)V8/Deluxe Wagon
    Dallas,Texas

There were two. When the Green Hornet was his usual self, I do not remember the name of the charater, but he was a rich magazine publisher, (who never did any work), he had a 1966 Chrysler 300 convertible. He would drive it in his garage, clamps would come over the wheels and the table would spin around to the Black Beauty, a 1966 Imperial Sedan.

Comment

Are you sure you don't mean the Green Hornet and Yugo?[:0] The Green Hornet lost it's sense of self when Renault spoiled his birthplace and the Yugo ended up going the way of the Green Hornet in short order![xx(]

Whatever happened to Tony Hawk???

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Back when the Green Hornet was on TV, I saw the modified Imperial on Rt. 44 in New York. I don't know why it was there, who was driving, where it was going, etc. It was headed in the direction of Lime Rock Park, over the line in Connecticut. Perhaps they were going to shot some scenes there.

This afternoon, on my way home from the doctor, I saw a new Bentley Continental GT going the other way (about four miles from my home). It was the first one that I have seen on the road. I know that there are places like Hollywood and Miami Beach where they are probably commonplace, but this is a suburban community where $145,000 cars are unusual. Cathy was chauffeuring me, so I was able to look around more than usual.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Off topic just a tad but; expensive cars. Ford is making 75 Hubert Platt special edition Mustangs. All will have special suspension, engine, and be painted blue with Hubert Platts signature. Price 175K each.

jerry moore

Comment

30 years ago, I had the opportunity to drive an S3 Bentley Continental convertible a number of times. It was beautifully done up in black with a red leather interior. Talk about spinning heads in traffic!
            And while most of the postwar Rolls/Bentleys I've driven never did much for me - THAT particular Bentley ragtop could have taken up residence in my garage without complaint[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vaporloc

Off topic just a tad but; expensive cars. Ford is making 75 Hubert Platt special edition Mustangs. All will have special suspension, engine, and be painted blue with Hubert Platts signature. Price 175K each.

jerry moore
              That's nothing! Baldwin-Motion is bringing back 1969 Camaro Super Coupes in a limited edition move to lure collectors into a high-buck purchase. The nostalgia craze just keeps getting closer to now (ya know - 2005)
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Didn't he drive an AMC green Hornet?

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon
                Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

Working...
                X