PSMCD Discontinued after 2010!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSMCD Discontinued after 2010!??!

Just read it on Sonny's site - they've decided that the 2010 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags will be the last [V]

Read it here:

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Oh so the Studebakers wo'nt be kicking any more butt? "at least there"

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

...a sad situation. inevitably, where there is competition, some will try to exploit it. so ends something greater than the individual - now they cannot win what they worked so hard to insure was theirs.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
      53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![}][xx(][V]

Chris Dresbach. South Bend, In.

1940 Champion two door.
        Parts of the 1952 Model N prototype.
        1963 Prototype cart built by Studebaker.
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

Thats too bad I haven't gone for 2 years and was planning on going this fall

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
          "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
          1964 Daytona HT
          1966 Daytona
          sigpic

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

This is the last year it will be held Bob so you still have a chance to see it one more time.

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

Thats too bad I haven't gone for 2 years and was planning on going this fall

[IMG]

1960 Champ
            1964 Daytona HT
            1966 Daytona
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

You know, I try to refrain from swearing as much as possible, but this ticks me off! I was never able to make it, and I really wanted to sometime!

Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Who all is gonna be running?,and what's the address? so I can mapquest it! just in case Mama says I can attend.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Mid Michigan Motor Plex 2589 Wyman Rd. Northeast, Stanton Mi. 48888-9428 or Google it for schedule.

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

Who all is gonna be running?,and what's the address? so I can mapquest it! just in case Mama says I can attend.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

VERY sad to hear, even though I've never been.

I've got plenty of experience with rules in racing, and have served on rules boards and various competition committees. Rules and enforcement has always been, and will always be, an ongoing challenge. There will always be stretchers, and clever interpretations, and creative loopholes, and outright cheaters. Just part of the package. You need to constantly refine things, and realize it will never be a perfect science... and no matter what you do there will always be a certain percentage that range from mildly annoyed to maniacal anger.

The key is to be willing to make the tough calls with the big picture in mind- and be willing to do so consistently.

Seems the promoters have lost the will to do so.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA
                    Ephesians 6:10-17

Comment

Thanks Frank,sure would be nice to make the trip.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The format is set up to run off against those with similar times. Make rules, don't make rules, it makes no difference. No one wins any money or trophies even. The fun of the format is seeing great looking and sounding cars running down the track and re-living some times past. I have to wonder if the entries of 120 cars at $130 a pop and maybe 1000 spectator tickets was just too little money for the promoters to mess with compared to some higher dollar events with larger spectator draws. Surely given a year's if not 2 years' notice, and a large group of enthusiasts willing to talk it up, a nice event could be brought to a midwest track who could benefit from this style event without "promoter" overhead?

Jim
                        Often in error, never in doubt

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
                        Jim
                        Often in error, never in doubt
                        http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

The format is set up to run off against those with similar times. Make rules, don't make rules, it makes no difference.
                          This is what I was referring to:

It is unfortunate that a number of cars are built outside the spirit of the event, even after talking directly with those involved. We are tired of all the bickering, finger pointing, and name calling. And tired of the rules being pushed to their elastic limits, and interpreted for ones own personal gain.

a few overly competitive minority has spoiled it for the grass roots majority.

we are not happy with the race in it's current form, and we don't see any way of fixing it without making major rule changes.

Sounded exactly like what I've experienced[xx(]

And my last sentence referred to:

We are tired of all the bickering, finger pointing, and name calling.

Should some individual or group look to pick up the ball on this, they had better make peace with the realities going in, or they're in for a tough row-to-hoe (country-boy saying). The nature of competition is not going to change, so it's up to the promoter to have their mind(s) right. Voice of experience

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Here is a direct link to the Buick V-8 site/topic:

If you scroll through the replies, you'll see my reply on behalf of Studebaker folks. It is Post #16.[V] [8D]BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I was able to buy Jim Pepper's MoPar cop car wheels and tires off his Lark because he was making it legal for this event. Extra sad for the guys like Jim that were in the process of building a car

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X