No announcement yet.

Fabric with Studebakers in the design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes there are people who order in small and medium. Also understand that a lot of guys will not buy any shirt with a car on it unless it is their year car and their car's color(s).

Comment

The Miller fabric is very nice. I like it.
      They used advertising photos.
      I see no conflict between what I am doing and what they are doing. The more the merrier!

As for putting one Studebaker every 10 inches--the cars are only 3 inches long.
      You wouldn't have any Studebakers on the fabric if you had 10 inch spaces. You'd just have black fabric with a grille peeking out of a seam.

And yes, though people want their car, and will surely buy their car in their color, they will also go for something like their car. For instance, you can't make fabric with metallic colors, so somebody with a gold Avanti, could get an Avanti, but it couldn't really be gold.

Comment

Wow!!! Curtains for my "Jewel Beige" Kitchen!!!!

Comment

Very nice stuff from the Millers, can't wait to see aenthal comes up with too. I have searched far and wide for camp shirts with Studebakers on them. I would definitely buy some from one place or the other, maybe both. Inquiring minds want to know, how many yards does it take to make a size large short sleeve shirt like the one in the picture with the Miller's fabric? Thanks

Pat

Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool
          '54 Conestoga Future Project

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

A typical shirt is 2-3 yards, depending on the size of the shirt, and the actual style.

Comment

Pat,
              The fabric we are selling is 41" wide, that means it will take 3 yards for a large... with some scraps left over. As stated above we will deliver PREPAID orders to South Bend and Glendale. Contact us at dulymiller@netins.net for more info.

duane miller

Comment

Pat,
                The fabric we are selling is 41" wide, that means it will take 3 yards for a large... with some scraps left over. As stated above we will deliver PREPAID orders to South Bend and Glendale. Contact us at dulymiller@netins.net for more info.

duane miller

Comment

Originally posted by aenthal View Post
                  I am currently making up a line of orphan car fabric designs.
                  That isn't fabric for upholstering cars. That is fabric featuring pictures of cars.
                  I have a finned Hawk (1957 I think), a 1955, and a 1951 bullet nose Studebaker already designed. (So far the blue bullet nose is my favorite).
                  I'm thinking of doing a Zip van, because I like Zip vans.
                  I also have (not visible to people yet) a Lark design.
                  These can be seen/ordered at
                  Elevate your home décor, fabric & wallpaper with designs from independent artists. 1 million+ options. Eco-friendly printing. Shop now!

Search under my ID (Edsel2084) or the keyword "cars" to see them.
                  Spoonflower is a mill in North Carolina that prints these custom fabrics and allows one to sell them. All artwork on my designs is my own. Spoonflower just does the manufacturing.

I plan to bring a limited number of shirts to sell at the LaPalma meet with Studebaker trim on them.
                  (I can't sew whole shirts of this fabric because it would be too expensive. The shirts would have to cost $80+ and in this economy, I do not think I would ever sell even one shirt at that price!)

I know guys, for the most part, do not sew.
                  But many guys know gals that sew, and use fabric for things like table cloths at swap meets or car shows where no sewing at all is involved.

I'm looking for input here. I am a Studebaker owner, but a female Studebaker owner. Most classic car owners of all marques are male.
                  (Got everything reversed at my house. My guy would just as soon see all my cars go away, just like many wives would. He wouldn't even take one ride in my Studebaker until I tricked him. He needed to be picked up at an airport and I brought the Studebaker. His choices were get in and shut up, or walk. He got in. He said the car wasn't as bad as he imagined--high praise for him).
                  Therefore I think like a gal, not a guy.
                  I need to find out what guy minds think of this project.
                  I already learned that car owners are size L, XL, and larger. There don't seem to be any smalls.
                  I think fabric showing several different models of Studes (a timeline of sorts) would sell good. and I would really like a shirt like that!

Comment

If you search a bit, there are some Studebaker print fabrics out there. One supplier has several different models of Stude on different color cloths.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hello Anne,
                      Will your Studebaker shirts be available by main order?
                      If so, I'll take one in large please.
                      As a Lark owner, please consider a Lark in your
                      designs.
                      Great project! Ever so tired of the "tri five" folks wearing
                      those shirts!
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I agree with the Lark request. I'll scan back through the thread, but in addition to shirts, even if you were to sell bandanas and ties, dare I dream BOW ties??!! you might find a wider market lure.

Comment

I see this thread has been around for a long time. AS AN UPDATE... We are no longer getting our fabric manufactured... the costs kept going up and most Studebaker drivers that I know can't afford to pay close to $90 just for the material to make a shirt. Consequently we sold the last of the material we had at the May swap in South Bend back in 2012. I think the mill might still have the pattern, but it would take some arm twisting to have my wife and I stick our neck out to order another run of the fabric. Also, our email has changed in the last three years, but you could send a PM.
                          Duane
                          Last edited by Deaf Mute; 12-16-2013, 04:17 AM. Reason: spelcheck

Comment

Working...
                          X