Hamilton production question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Stu Chapman

We didn't build or market Challengers in Canada.
    Stu Chapman
    True. I didn't want to boldly say "they didn't sell them in Canada!", as sure as h*ll, someone will produce a dealer invoice from Nomansland, Saskatchewan showing one was special ordered. Is there any record of a customer in Canada ever ordering one; even though it would have had to come from South Bend? Unlike today, where the exhaust emission, bumper and seat belt laws are now different from the U.S., it wouldn't have been a problem to purchase a U.S. market car in Canada back then.

Craig

Comment

Challenger in Canada.

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      True. I didn't want to boldly say "they didn't sell them in Canada!", as sure as h*ll, someone will produce a dealer invoice from Nomansland, Saskatchewan showing one was special ordered. Is there any record of a customer in Canada ever ordering one; even though it would have had to come from South Bend? Unlike today, where the exhaust emission, bumper and seat belt laws are now different from the U.S., it wouldn't have been a problem to purchase a U.S. market car in Canada back then.

Craig
      My neighbour that worked at the Hamilton plant (Bill Springer) bought a new '64 Challenger, I remember the script, the single headlamp configuration and lack of windshield trim.

Comment

There were no '56 Golden Hawks built in Canada

Comment

Did Bill know that it was built in South Bend?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I doubt they made zip vans or weasels there.
            An aside, I see that you are from Minnesota. My 66 Datona was sold new in Bemidji.

Comment

Originally posted by doublefeature56 View Post
              I doubt they made zip vans or weasels there.
              Definitely not, as there was not an assembly plant in Canada during the war years for one, and two, Weasels and Zip Vans were built under U.S. Government contract and therefore, would have fallen under United States labor content requirements.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X