Reflection On Valentine Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection On Valentine Story

Hi Everyone-- As I read the post on Valentine Story, I reflected on my love as well,Yes, mistakes are made,and it is terrible when the one you love lets you fall through the "cracks"--This story let me reflect on this.As I fell thru the cracks hurt and bruised, there was someone below that opened up her arms and caught me,I caught her as well,as she too was falling thru the cracks as well-- Even though our previous loves/companions did'nt see our values, We/Janey&I, see our beauty together and not our mistakes-- I will always remember one little story--- One day after a couple of dates,I asked Janey if she would go to a friends house so I could pick up my second love--- My 58 Hawk, She could'nt believe her eyes when she saw her-- She fell instantly in love with her!! She told me,as she followed me home,that there was no greater moment than to be behind that beautiful car with wonderful fins,knowing that she would soon be riding with the love of her life into many sunsets to come--- Happy valentines Day to my Janey and to all--- Frankie

Enjoy both your loves today, Maine Hawk !!!

Comment

Thank you Johnny!! You as well!! Thanks so much for your story,made me thankful and grateful for both loves-- Frankie

Comment

My Linda was a hot 18 YO cheerleader when I met her, which of course I liked. But when I got to know the person inside my goal became how to keep her around. That was 25 years ago, and the challenge continues since she's aged well, as beautiful as ever[:X] And, still puts up with this Type A PITA, through the decades of racing, crashes/injury, business ups and downs, our son's illness, old cars, and all my other nonsense. Best I could come up with was flowers, candy, and dinner... and she's happy with that! She's my greatest blessing- way beyond what I deserve[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

when we get married we say for better or worse, and not enough people go by that any more, we are going on 48 years now and there has been some rough times, but I can't say that I could have had any better ones, 4 children all doing well, 6 grand children and all on their way to a good life, and I even have a Studebaker or two and get no grief from her on them either..thanks Kathy for the good time...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
          canbstudebakers-
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Valentines Day will always mean a little more to me. You see,my divorce was granted on Valentines Day ,Feb 14th,many years ago. I don't remember the day we were married,but I remember Valentines Day! That first marriage was my mistake.I should have never asked,but stupid is as stupid does! I have a wonderful wife now! She likes Studebakers! And puts up with my crap/ I am lucky. Life is good! Happy VD to all.

Comment

Yes Sir!! See!! My First & EX wife did'nt give a rip about Studebakers, Thought they were ugly--- She could'nt see the wonderful History and technology that the Studebaker Bros gave us that paved the way for her to drive her "Mall Wheel Drive" SUV---- She did'nt even like the name of my 50's Rock&Roll Band, Frankie&The Studebakers--- Wrong person to share Hopes&Dreams with--Now my 2nd and one&only Janey loves my music,My Hawk and Me and wishes she would have been the one at the "Gigs"!! Met her on Match.com !! Her profile subject was: Looking for some to Doo Wop through life with--- We've been married for 5yrs and "Doo Wop'n" ever since and in the Hawk of course--[8D] Ditch the old thoughts--and Make Good&Loving memories of this Valentines Day& the many more to come. Remember-- That Valentines Day divorce was a gift of love that made a place for your new love--- As Always,FRANKIE

Comment

Yes Sir!! See!! My First & EX wife did'nt give a rip about Studebakers, Thought they were ugly--- She could'nt see the wonderful History and technology that the Studebaker Bros gave us that paved the way for her to drive her "Mall Wheel Drive" SUV---- She did'nt even like the name of my 50's Rock&Roll Band, Frankie&The Studebakers--- Wrong person to share Hopes&Dreams with--Now my 2nd and one&only Janey loves my music,My Hawk and Me and wishes she would have been the one at the "Gigs"!! Met her on Match.com !! Her profile subject was: Looking for some to Doo Wop through life with--- We've been married for 5yrs and "Doo Wop'n" ever since and in the Hawk of course--[8D] Ditch the old thoughts--and Make Good&Loving memories of this Valentines Day& the many more to come. Remember-- That Valentines Day divorce was a gift of love that made a place for your new love--- As Always,FRANKIE

Comment

When I met My bride she was only 15. Her parents would not allow her to date untill she was 16. But I could come to see her on sunday afternoon after church. She was so dang pretty, I hung around anyway. I was 18 and drove a 57 Chevy. Our first date was in that car. A doudle date with my buddy and her next door neighbor. Who, BTW, are also still married. She thought the chevy was cool, but when I got rid of it and drove up in a Shiney Black 56 Sky Hawk. Then she started talking marriage. NT

Neil Thornton
                  Hazlehurst, GA
                  '57 Silver Hawk
                  '56 Sky Hawk
                  '51 2R16 dump truck
                  Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Judy and I've been married 45 years. Had a great valentines day.

Exchanged cards earlier in the day, went to our favorite local watering hole for 2 for 1 steak sandwiches and a couple of beers, well I did, she's a pop drinker. Stopped to buy a gas grill that was finally on sale for 1/2 off. Brought it home and spent the rest of the day assembling the critter.

CASO Valentines day, Baby. More money for Studes and well I guess (Gulp) bric-a-brac to fill up the shelves in the house.

Ended the whole thing with best wishes from two of the best kids and four of the best grandkids around.

Bob

Comment

Valentine's Day is a special day for us since it's the day that John proposed seven years ago. We were able to get a sitter on Saturday night, so we celebrated a day early by taking LuLu to a car show/cruise-in and then going out to dinner afterwards.

The weather was perfect (we've been in the 70's) and there were 5 other Studebakers at the gathering.

Using the camera's timer feature to take our picture...

Driving LuLu around the city made for a fun date night! She was actually our Valentine's present to each other (even though Tracy affectionately refers to her as "John's new girlfriend.") Happy Valentine's Day to all!

John and Tracy Smith
                      Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

My wife was 16 when we met. From the first time I saw her, I knew she was the one. Our first date was on the 4th of July, so that holiday means more to me than Valentines Day. We have been married for 22 years. We have been through lots of good times and some really bad ones also, but one thing remains constant. We have always been there for each other. We have three wonderfull children. She puts up with the Studes, and I put up with the pets that she so dearly loves. Give and take I guess.

66 Commander R1 Clone
                        51 Commander 4dr
                        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Working...
                        X