1935 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1935 Commander

When I was fifteen I bought a 1935 Commander from somebody in Oak Lawn, Illinois. I lived in Tinley Park. My dad sold it while I was away in 1970 or 1969. I never did know what happened to that car. Anyone got a lead? I hope it wasn't cut up for a hot rod, that car was in very good original shape.

Thats a really nice car,
    I can only imagine your comments when you found out it had been sold.
    Hopefully it was not a complete surprise and there was a legitamate need to sell it.

How much did you pay for it and what year did you buy it?
    I'm drawn to any car that has sweeping fenders and the big headlights like those.

Dean.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

Thats a really nice car,
      I can only imagine your comments when you found out it had been sold.
      Hopefully it was not a complete surprise and there was a legitamate need to sell it.

How much did you pay for it and what year did you buy it?
      I'm drawn to any car that has sweeping fenders and the big headlights like those.

Dean.
      I bought it in 1966 for $300. When I found out my dad sold it (it was in my moms name for insurance purposes) he gave me $300. He kept the rest, $300, for storage all those years. His legitimate reason for selling it was that he needed the garage space for his 1970 Ford Maverick. There is a 1935 Dictator on Ebay for $25,000 right now, and I saw a '35 hood ornament just like the one I had on my car, on Ebay for $1,500. When are they going to invent that time machine.

Comment

Wow,
        That hurts!
        You got jipped in a big hard way.
        Hopefully ths didn't have a lasting negative effect on your relationship with your dad.
        I love my dad but at times he is quite a p.i.t.a. being a Texan like myself he usually speaks before he thinks.
        In 1966 $300.00 was a lot of money.
        I was four in 1966.

Dean.

Comment

That 1935 hood ornament was specific to that year and to the Dictator model. Very rare.
          I like the body style and shape also.

1957 Silver Hawk & 1935 Dictator Street Rod
          Belmont, NC
          1957 Silver Hawk & 1935 Dictator Street Rod
          Belmont, NC

Comment

Working...
          X