Replacement scuff plates source needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement scuff plates source needed

I'm a little ahead of myself on this one, since I still have rust repairs to do.

But where can I find replacement door sill scuff plates for my '50 Land Cruiser. Salt has taken the life of all 4 of mine.

It has to be a simple aluminum extrusion or stamping. But I can't find these at any of the vendors' links.

Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

[img] [/img]
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Are those the wide ones that are taller near the interior? If so, I believe Studebaker International sells such items (reproductions). I think the ad sez that they can be cut down for other applications. From the picture in their Turning Wheels ad,it looks like they are decorated with a repeating circle design.

Comment

Skyway,

quote:Originally posted by skyway

Are those the wide ones that are taller near the interior? If so, I believe Studebaker International sells such items (reproductions). I think the ad sez that they can be cut down for other applications. From the picture in their Turning Wheels ad,it looks like they are decorated with a repeating circle design.
      Thanks. I'm new to SDC and haven't received my first Turning Wheels yet. I have some older SI catalogs, but they only listed plates for Hawks. Maybe this is a recent new item.

Your description sounds exactly right except the design on mine is closely spaced fine horizontal lines ambossed in the aluminum. But the inside has a folded edge about 5/8" high, while the outside edge is flush.

One more reason to be anxious for my first issue of Turning Wheels.

Paul

[img] [/img]

Comment

Sorry but I mis-spoke about those sill plates. Now that I am at home with a TW, I see that the ones from Stude Intl., are actually for C & K's. Also at that price you probably would not want to be cutting them up.

As a second suggestion, and if used will do, try some of the good used dealers in TW, like Don Gay in Lowpoint, IL, or Parmer in Van Wert, Iowa.

Comment

I think someone did have those new, but I'll be darned if I can remember who it was. Fennessey maybe?

BTW I bought a set of the SI C-K sill plates; didn't want to get caught like I did last time (I put off buying them and by the time I thought I was ready to buy them, I couldn't get them anymore!)

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Are these being repo. for 56 sedans and wagons? Or are they still available NOS??

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
            Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by skyway

As a second suggestion, and if used will do, try some of the good used dealers in TW, like Don Gay in Lowpoint, IL, or Parmer in Van Wert, Iowa.
              Thanks. I have my firt Turning Wheels now, so I'll have the contact information for them.

Paul

[img] [/img]

Comment

Working...
              X