coil 62 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil 62 Hawk

Is there a cross over for a coil for a 62 Hawk. Seems it got thrown away. Did n't know if I coudl get one from the local auto place. Not worried about being stock.

Most of the larger auto parts houses will have the correct coil in stock for your Hawk. If I remember correctly, the NAPA number is IC17. Bud

Comment

Don't have a NAPA but Auto Zone should have something if it is that common. Thanks, did not know if it was special.
      quote:Originally posted by Bud

Most of the larger auto parts houses will have the correct coil in stock for your Hawk. If I remember correctly, the NAPA number is IC17. Bud

Comment

NAPA on Harry Hines.

Comment

Is there any way I can talk to you. I am having trouble with wires, where they go. Or if you could take a pic of your fire wall and send it to me. I can not even firure out where the coil bolts down.
          quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

NAPA on Harry Hines.

Comment

There are a pink and a green wire connected together running along the upper edge of the firewall that connect to the positive or bat. side of the coil. The negative terminal gets the wire from the distributor. The mounting location is on the right rear side of the intake manifold behind the carburetor if the correct manifold is on the engine. Bud

Comment

Jon, I will take pics this afternoon, and put them on the forum.

Comment

Wiring pics. The hot-wire going to the electric choke is the overdrive solenoid hot-wire. That wire is part of the wiring harness. If you run the electric choke off of the ignition wiring, than the engine performance suffers. The choke draws a lot of juice.

Comment

A stock '62 Hawk does not have a ballast resistor like that pictured. It has a pink resistor wire instead.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

I do not remember there being a resistor wire in the wiring harness from Studebaker West. It came pretty much like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X