Drive Your Studebaker Day Hamilton SDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Your Studebaker Day Hamilton SDC

Here is a link to an article in the Hamilton Spectator today.

The Hamilton Chapter of the SDC met with the reporter and he wrote this article. Our chapter is driving from Vineland On. through Port Dalhousie, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls and then on to the slots and dinner in Fort Erie Ontario. Very picturesque and should be fun. Look for pictures on our website.

SueLusted, webmaster

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
    studenews@outlook.com

Congratulations on your fantastic website. I enjoyed the visit.
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Great coverage! [^]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island Chapter
      http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Curious, your site says the last Studebaker was "restored" I thought it's all original. Either way it's good to have it safe.

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

To John Clements:
          The last Studebaker, following being turned over to the City of South Bend, was stored for many years in the basement of Gates Chevrolet in South Bend. As a result, considerable deterioration took place. Following a serial number check, Ontario member Denton Wright and I, many years ago, checked out the car at Gates and determined its authenticity. When it became time to do something with the car, SNM Trustee Phil Brown contacted me to see if the Canadian members might be interested in supporting a cosmetic restoration. I was able to gain considerable support for this project, raising several thousand dollars. Phil took on the project and the vehicle was "cosmetically restored". It also received new tires, as original, since the two rear tires had been replaced with snow tires. In the Museum, visitors can inspect a commemorative plaque showing the names of all the SDC members who contributed to this effort.
          Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
          X