I have searched for about 3 hours and didn't
    come up with any results. Does anyone have
    photos of 1953 dealership showroom or service
    department signs, banners,etc. , they could
    post pictures of? In your stash, garage, or
    from old photos. Thanks

Tex E. Grier

Tex,

I am suprised nobody has replied to your request yet.... I figured I'd offer the following:

Here is a picture of a '53 "silk" showroom banner that was displayed at the 2005 International Meet in Spokane. I didn't make a note of the owner. It was in a memorabilia display room at the hotel.

My main reason to photograph it was I have a identical banner, although not as good of condition. Mine has some stains, fading, and a couple small holes Here is mine.

I don't peruse ebay much anymore so I have likely missed anything recent, but this banner was up for auction there at least 6 yrs ago (based on the dates of the archive of pictures I had it saved in).

Its definately a big one [:0]

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks, Jeff. I am surprised too. that I haven't gotten any
      more responses. BUT I am sure I will get some when everyone
      has a chance. THANKS again for yours. They are great.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

OK,

Found a few more things.

This banner was on ebay some years ago too:

It does not say its for the '53 anywhere on it but the slogan was used on many magazine ads for the '53 models. Here is one example that I have:

While looking I found this picture from a ebay auction as well. Apparently these tags were used by some dealers in the days before window stickers were mandated by law. I believe the strap is for hanging the tag on the door handle.

I've another picture of a blank one but the picture quality is poor. Don't know exactly how large these were but this example looks to be filled in with a typewriter so a person could guess the size from there.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
        X