1961 hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 hawk

sorry about that, I have been working on the car for 6 day in a row and I have cabin fever. I see so I must remove both inner and outer fenders, now this poses another question. A man offered to sell me a couple of outer fenders for the hawk so I can assume that they are damaged or incomplete?

Studes forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Most replacement fenders were just the outer skin.
    You drill out all the spot rivets and re-weld the old inner fender to the new outer skin. Not terribly hard to do, but be careful for proper alignment and warping.
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I talked to a guy this morning that has most of the stuff I need, the inner and outer fenders and doors. I have such a rough road to ho.[:I]

Studes forever!
      Studebakers forever!

Comment

You don't have it so bad
        In the Stude vernacular....
        There's always someone off worse than you are[8]
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studelover

I talked to a guy this morning that has most of the stuff I need, the inner and outer fenders and doors. I have such a rough road to ho.[:I]

Studes forever!

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
        Brooklet, Georgia
        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
        '61 Hawk (project)
        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Oh my, I see that floor, Yes your are in it for the long haul, I guess you have your order in at Classic Enterpise like I do, I need rockers inner and outer and the floor sections as well. Jeff I think we will be able to help each other.After the new year starts I will be diving head first into the floor repair and I will post pic's when I can, these studes did not fair well when it came to rust.

Studes forever!
          Studebakers forever!

Comment

If you're going to do the entire floor, you might entertain the thought of looking at Leroy Cary Fabrication for pans and parts. His stuff is already pre-formed to fit and "it does fit extremely well". He uses a heavier grade sheet steel and the hand work is very high quality.
            Classic has good stuff also, but you need to bend the floor pieces to fit and this is usually a guess, so you might have to back track at times.
            Give Leroy a try. His email is bakermaker@tds.net His shop is just west of Richmond, VA
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I thought those holes were intended for positive ventilation flow through the cabin. The colder the weather, the more air you needed to suck from your heater.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Aren't those holes drain holes to let water out?
                /H

Comment

Working...
                X