Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Truck Farmers Call to Duty!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Truck Farmers Call to Duty!!!

Hey Guy's,

I would like to alert all STF's that SDC member George Hamlin & myself are trying to orginize an event. George has brought it to my attention that 3 days (July 9-10) just a few miles from the International meet at Cedar Rapids, will be the "Monster Truck Jamboree" (no Not like Bigfoot monster trucks). This event is held at the Iowa 80 Truckstop. This truck stop is the larest in the world. So It only stands to reason that they would host the largest truck show in the world. George has talked to the promoter and we were invited to attend to represent Studebakeer Trucks. Registration is free and we are reserved a spot for around 20 trucks or so. If we can get more great, but I would like to get a desent representation of our brand. Also for every old truck registered, there will be 2 coupons for a free pork chop lunch on site. For those of you who don't know the Iowa 80 is an attraction of it's own. there is a lot to do there you can check it out at www.iowa80truckstop.com or call (563)468-5228.

While this is primarily a "BIG RIG" show,the promoter told George that they are getting more and more trucks like ours registered every year. While I understand that this will cost more money with 3 additional days of travel. I hope that we can get as many trucks to show up as posssible to represent our brand. I think it would be great if we can to quote George " the world of Macks, Petes, and GMC's should know what Studebaker was doing". especially if we can get some Detriot Diesels out there, how fitting would that be seing as its a semi show. Unfortunatly, I don't think Samson will be anywhere near ready by that time, but maybe if he's running he can go play without his good clothes on.

In closing I think this would be a great opprituninty to do exactly what the club was founded for, to promote and educate others about our brand. And what better place to do it than at the worlds largest truck show. Please let me know what you all think. I don't even know if I will have a truck ready yet but do plan on attending, along with George. So let's rally the troops and do this.

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Turning Wheels will be there to see if any Studebaker trucks show up.

Comment

[img][/img]
      Man! If it were about 600 miles closer, I would be real tempted to be there with "ME AND MINI-ME"
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jclary
        Man! If it were about 600 miles closer, I would be real tempted to be there with "ME AND MINI-ME"
        600 miles is a short drive for most to attend an international meet, SDC or otherwise. I have driven six volt Studebakers many more miles than that one way to meets/conventions.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Me too, Gary, but then gas was a lot cheaper, I had less obligations, and youthful exuberance. Now I am much older and on more medications. It is possible that I'll show up anyway!

John Clary
          Greer, SC
          [IMG][/IMG]
          I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
          SDC member since 1975
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Wish I could be there! Phoenix in 2010. [8D]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
            http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Well, we're hearing from STF people who might go if the event were closer, or if their vehicle were roadworthy, or if they weren't busy baling hay that day, or if only they actually owned a truck.
              BUT we're not hearing from anyone who is actually going to show up!

Comment

I wonder how many really have computers. It is easy to to assume that everybody lives and communicates "like we do."When it comes to computers, it is definitely not the case. That realization came to me when I started shopping on eBay. When looking for a certain item, especially items like tractors, or implements, I often click for "closest first" listings. The rural south is as full of these things as anywhere. There may be thousands of listings, but within two or three, you may be 100's of miles away. Lots of listings in the northeast, upper mid-west and west coast. This leads me to conclude the south is behind on computers. It would be interesting to put a "do you have the Internet?" question on our membership application and see the results.
                Don't get discouraged, keep plugging away!
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

Well, we're hearing from STF people who might go if the event were closer, or if their vehicle were roadworthy, or if they weren't busy baling hay that day, or if only they actually owned a truck.
                  BUT we're not hearing from anyone who is actually going to show up!
                  There was the letter in April TW to this effect as well, so hopefully the many non-computer users who are STF members will show up! [8D]

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                  May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
                  http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                  X