No announcement yet.

Studebakers In The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Indiana Jones movie, just out, which plays around 1957 has a Starlight Coupe in the diner scene , could not see what year as it was sort of obscured parked on the street. Its maroon ,or black cherry, depending on what year car it is. By the way, good movie.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

• I worked for a port processor in Long Beach in the mid 80's. During that time a studio used our facility on Pier E for 3 nights of shooting. It was a movie starring Anthony Michael Hall & had a 60 Lark ocnvertible as their main car character. The scene they used for our facility was a shootout amoung a group of Chevy & GMC class 5 & 8 trucks. It was neat watching how they set up the trucks to look like they were shot up, although some were damaged lightly (parking lamp lens broken, ect). I cant remember the name of the movie. It was one that you might remember IF you were in it!

60 Lark convertible
      61 Champ
      62 Daytona convertible
      63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2)
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

• BIX The Movie, 1919 or 1920 Bix Six Tourer. Major roll.
        F.I.S.T.S. Silvester Stalone, Rockne at the curb.

Comment

• These photos are from a Japanese language film titled "The Bad Sleep Well". B/W, circa 1960, released in US about '63. One of the characters was killed in a train vrs. car collision..........

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

• That should've been illegal even way back then!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

• Time to dust off this ancient thread...

I saw a light colored GT in a street scene in last weeks "Life on Mars" on ABC.
              The scene was set in 1973...they seem to do a good job with period cars. The star drives a Chevelle SS...

The show is filmed in NYC...anyone knows who owns th Stude?

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

• guess I'll add the Red 50? champion/commander in Indiana Jones kingdom of the crystal skull sighting now, Scene where Indy meets the young man (eventually his son) in the soda shop.

ChopStu
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

• Currently showing on the cable IFC (Independent Film Channel) is a 1974 Austrailian film:

"The Cars that ate Paris"...a VERY weird film about a small outback town that stages fatal car wrecks to support itself.
                  A WWII Studebaker Army truck is used in several scenes.

Also seen is a 57-58 Plymouth 4-door and a 59 Chevy painted up like a police car...

63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

• I didn't see mention of Stand by Me. There was a racing scene between a bullet nosed convertable and I think it was a shoebox Ford. By the way, The Studebaker in Ray was a Land Cruiser. Also there was a Studebaker bullet nose in the movie Majestic.

Jon Stalnaker
                    Editor, Hawk Talks
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

• I got a couple,

1974 0r 1975 Death Race 2000, starring Sylvester Stalone, and David Carradine early 50's commander, (bulletnose) it's been modified for the movie.

Also Mid 90's Home Improvement Tim The Toolman Taylor goes nuts over his heighbor Wilson's Nieces' 53'

John

John

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock Sale Pending

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

• I just watched a movie called "Quicksand" with Mickey Rooney from a film noir collection.

Mickey plays a mechanic in a Studebaker dealership. The Stude logo on the outside of the building has been filled in but maybe someone would recognize the building

Gallivan
                        57 Golden Hawk
                        Golden, CO
                        Gallivan
                        57 Golden Hawk
                        Golden, CO

Comment

• Tom Hanks released a movie a few years ago called the Ladykillers. It was a remake of an old English film that starred a very young Peter Sellers. There was a bullet nose in the original British movie version.

Jon Stalnaker
                          Editor, Hawk Talks
                          Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                          Jon Stalnaker
                          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

• Saw Doubt this evening. Nice Lark in the opening shot. Camera lingered on it, too. Same street scene occurred about 3/4's of the way through. Set in 1964 so all the cars were memorable. Likewise Meryl Strep as the head nun. I never had to write the multiplication tables 10 times. The sisters at Holy Ghost did have a fondness for making the entire class write out whole chapters of the geography book and "I must not talk" 500 times if one person continued yapping after we were told to be quiet though.

Cabrina Dieters
                            Murfreesboro TN
                            1961 Cruiser
                            1950 Starlight Coupe

Comment

• Going to add these here.

Zip Van for several seconds in the 1965 Jimmy Stewert movie Dear Brigitte

Two Larks both 61 one white one jonquil yellow hard top in the Las Vegas chase scene of James Bond Diamonds are Forever.

How fitting Doubt was mentioned last year and I saw the movie yesterday. Here's a picture of the Lark as mentioned in post above.

ChopStu
                              Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 06-05-2010, 04:43 AM. Reason: Adding picture of Lark in movie Doubt staring Meryl Streep
                              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

• A few more.The main car in the Jamie Foxx movie "Held Up"is a 57 Golden Hawk.Also the Clint Eastwood movies "Every which way but loose"and "Any which way you can" has a number of background Studes.There is a couple of C-cabs in "Phenomenon".

Comment

Working...
                                X