Heavy duty suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy duty suspension?

http://tinyurl.com/4q56dv This guys says this car has "heavy duty suspension" Was there such a critter and if so, of what did it consist?

Thanx,
    John

I'm not sure what constitutes HD suspension, but that and the r1/powershift is why I thought it might actually be worth the opener. I wondered aloud about it in the thread about this car today.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

Was there such a critter and if so, of what did it consist? John
      two words- springs & shocks

(I don't consider the sway bars a part of that, but others might) [:0]

StudeDave '57 [8D]

StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

This Hawk John, is not just a Jet Thrust R1 Engine equipped car, if it is the car whose Prod. Order is displayed, it is a FULL Performance Package Car! So naturally it has H.D. Springs front and rear, H.D. adjustable Gabriel Shocks front & rear + the Traction Bars and rear Stabilizer Bar! R2 or not, this car is no Sunday Cruiser!

Read all about it here:

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

[blue][size=2][b][font=Comic Sans MS]http://tinyurl.com/4q56dv This guys says this car has "heavy duty suspension" Was there such a critter and if so, of what did it consist?
          Heavy duty springs and/or shocks could be ordered on any later Studebaker (even sixes- I have a NOS pair that cross to six-cylinder station wagon with a/c). I ordered both HD springs and shocks on my Wagonaire. In the case of the rear springs they were six-leaf vs the standard five. The shocks were Gabriel adjustables (turn click settings for soft, medium, firm). I still have the original Gabriels on the Wagonaire with 130,000 miles- still work fine.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
          Museum R-4 engine
          1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
          1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

[blue][size=2][b][font=Comic Sans MS]http://tinyurl.com/4q56dv This guys says this car has "heavy duty suspension" Was there such a critter and if so, of what did it consist?
            Heavy duty springs and/or shocks could be ordered on any later Studebaker (even sixes- I have a NOS pair that cross to six-cylinder station wagon with a/c). I ordered both HD springs and shocks on my Wagonaire. In the case of the rear springs they were six-leaf vs the standard five. The shocks were Gabriel adjustables (turn click settings for soft, medium, firm). I still have the original Gabriels on the Wagonaire with 130,000 miles- still work fine.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
            '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
            '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
            Museum R-4 engine
            1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
            1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
            X