Thread: 1937, 1938 Coupe Express Trucks for sale?

Deactivated

1937, 1938 Coupe Express Trucks for sale?

Anyone interested in selling a 1937 or 1938 coupe express pickup? Or know if one is up for auction? If so, let me know. I am looking around for one. Thanks.

Just George

Just for giggles, check out this thread:

http://studebakerdriversclub.com/sdc...=Coupe+Express

At that price it might even be still avaiable...

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith

Just for giggles, check out this thread:

http://studebakerdriversclub.com/sdc...=Coupe+Express

At that price it might even be still avaiable...

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Best of luck in your search George.
    This is a very desireable model Studebaker.
    They come up every once and a while.
    6 years ago they were scarcer than hens teeth.
    Once the economy, the Internet, and Ebay peaked, more than a few came out of barns and storage.
    Be prepared to spend some serious dollars to get a decent, complete, an unrusty example.
    A 'complete' stock barn find 1937 J5 was sold on Ebay a few months ago for $22,000. Several turn key generic street rods (generic, as in small block Chevy engine and 18"+ swoopy wheels and tires) sold in the $75,000 range. A poor, incomplete, and rusty example will probably run you $10,000 or so. A '37 will probably be easier to find, as the production run for that year was greater (3,000 pickups) than the '38 or '39 (about 1,000 each year)...
    Also be prepared to find out how small the cab is on all of them. If you are a big guy, or a tall guy, you might find things a bit cramped in there...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by coupeexpress

Anyone interested in selling a 1937 or 1938 coupe express pickup? Or know if one is up for auction? If so, let me know. I am looking around for one. Thanks.
    Just George

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Once the economy, the Internet, and Ebay peaked, more than a few came out of barns and storage.
    Be prepared to spend some serious dollars to get a decent, complete, an unrusty example.
    A 'complete' stock barn find 1937 J5 was sold on Ebay a few months ago for $22,000. Several turn key generic street rods (generic, as in small block Chevy engine and 18"+ swoopy wheels and tires) sold in the $75,000 range. A poor, incomplete, and rusty example will probably run you $10,000 or so. A '37 will probably be easier to find, as the production run for that year was greater (3,000 pickups) than the '38 or '39 (about 1,000 each year)...
    Also be prepared to find out how small the cab is on all of them. If you are a big guy, or a tall guy, you might find things a bit cramped in there...
    Jeff[8D]

Just George

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

Golden Hawk Member Dick Steinkamp's Avatar
    This one sold at Omaha for $14k to a friend in San Diego. It is an older restoration, but a runner, driver, quite solid (no rust or repaired rust), all there and presentable as is. It sold literally hours after it pulled in. Never made it off the trailer. I think it was several thousand under market.

This one sold at Omaha for $14k to a friend in San Diego. It is an older restoration, but a runner, driver, quite solid (no rust or repaired rust), all there and presentable as is. It sold literally hours after it pulled in. Never made it off the trailer. I think it was several thousand under market.

Silver Hawk Member
    There is a 39 Coupe Express advertised in Hemmings.com. Here is the description and URL:

Cars For Sale

1939 Studebaker truck
    $20,000

Seller Notes:

STUDEBAKER: 1939 Coupe Express, solid California restoration candidate, very complete but has not run in many years, stored in VA, $20,000 or might trade for important early porcelain or tin signs. 215-906-7001, PA; or email: j537mjs@aol.com $20,000

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...ed/334855.html

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Silver Hawk Member
    There is a 39 Coupe Express advertised in Hemmings.com. Here is the description and URL:

Cars For Sale

1939 Studebaker truck
    $20,000

Seller Notes:

STUDEBAKER: 1939 Coupe Express, solid California restoration candidate, very complete but has not run in many years, stored in VA, $20,000 or might trade for important early porcelain or tin signs. 215-906-7001, PA; or email: j537mjs@aol.com $20,000

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...ed/334855.html

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

NORTH NorthWest Washington State (Custer, WA)
    quote:This one sold at Omaha for $14k to a friend in San Diego. It is an older restoration, but a runner, driver, quite solid (no rust or repaired rust), all there and presentable as is. It sold literally hours after it pulled in. Never made it off the trailer.
    This is a true statement, and then some!!! No, I wasn't the lucky buyer, but I know who was, and they got a nice truck. I saw it at our meeting Thursday night. It never made it off the trailer because it was a package deal. They have a great story about how their timing on this was perfect~ and then the adventure getting it and the trailer home... but it's not my story to tell, sorry! [:0]

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

quote:This one sold at Omaha for $14k to a friend in San Diego. It is an older restoration, but a runner, driver, quite solid (no rust or repaired rust), all there and presentable as is. It sold literally hours after it pulled in. Never made it off the trailer.
    This is a true statement, and then some!!! No, I wasn't the lucky buyer, but I know who was, and they got a nice truck. I saw it at our meeting Thursday night. It never made it off the trailer because it was a package deal. They have a great story about how their timing on this was perfect~ and then the adventure getting it and the trailer home... but it's not my story to tell, sorry! [:0]

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Bob and Mimi DESERVE that CE. They are SUPER Studebaker folks for sure [^]

Bob and Mimi DESERVE that CE. They are SUPER Studebaker folks for sure [^]

Well! After reading this, maybe that 9k plus for the one in Gridley CA, wasn't such a bad deal after all! Seems crazy to me... but what do I know[?]

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Well! After reading this, maybe that 9k plus for the one in Gridley CA, wasn't such a bad deal after all! Seems crazy to me... but what do I know[?]

Lotsa Larks!
    Ron Smith

Deactivated
    Until now, I thought ALL coupe express Trucks were either bright yellow or Silver!

Deactivated
    Until now, I thought ALL coupe express Trucks were either bright yellow or Silver!

Deactivated
    quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Oh, oh, San Diego. It prob'ly has cruise, air, tilt, an LS1, 20 inchers and a 4" chop by now. Prove me wrong. [:0]

Deactivated

Oh, oh, San Diego. It prob'ly has cruise, air, tilt, an LS1, 20 inchers and a 4" chop by now. Prove me wrong. [:0]

quote:Oh, oh, San Diego. It prob'ly has cruise, air, tilt, an LS1, 20 inchers and a 4" chop by now. Prove me wrong.
    Not as of Thursday night~ what do you think this is~ LA, Miami, New York perhaps??? geez... [V] [V] [V] [V]
    I do seriously doubt that the future of this truck has any of that in it's future, though I could be wrong...[?] let's hope so, but it is Bob and Mimi's truck. Several Studes they already own are customs~ super nice ones at that!!! They have some nice not-so customs as well... with more to follow, I'm sure. [^] [:0]
    BTW, alot of these CEs are red, really really really red!!!

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

quote:Oh, oh, San Diego. It prob'ly has cruise, air, tilt, an LS1, 20 inchers and a 4" chop by now. Prove me wrong.
    Not as of Thursday night~ what do you think this is~ LA, Miami, New York perhaps??? geez... [V] [V] [V] [V]
    I do seriously doubt that the future of this truck has any of that in it's future, though I could be wrong...[?] let's hope so, but it is Bob and Mimi's truck. Several Studes they already own are customs~ super nice ones at that!!! They have some nice not-so customs as well... with more to follow, I'm sure. [^] [:0]
    BTW, alot of these CEs are red, really really really red!!!

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Golden Hawk Member
    I love the color of this CE. And StudeDave, there's a few really really yellow ones running around too ya know.

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
    http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

Golden Hawk Member
    I love the color of this CE. And StudeDave, there's a few really really yellow ones running around too ya know.

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
    http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

Speedster Member
    Some CE are Black also.
    But not many
    It's not in Classic Trucks yet as of January issue but it will be soon and I will let you know.

Speedster Member
    Some CE are Black also.
    But not many
    It's not in Classic Trucks yet as of January issue but it will be soon and I will let you know.

Please do! I'd love to see it in print!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 37CoupeE

Some CE are Black also.
    But not many

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

Please do! I'd love to see it in print!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 37CoupeE

Some CE are Black also.
    But not many

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

I could have bought the green CE in the pictures a week before Omaha as it was at our all Stude swapmeet in Hudson Wisconsin but had a brain fart and didnt pull the trigger.I am supposedly getting a another '39 CE in the next few months.Been shown pics but until it gets here I wont know it's exact condition.Guess I'm a '39 guy when it comes to CE's.

Bob40...attempting to slim down to actually fit in the durn things.

I could have bought the green CE in the pictures a week before Omaha as it was at our all Stude swapmeet in Hudson Wisconsin but had a brain fart and didnt pull the trigger.I am supposedly getting a another '39 CE in the next few months.Been shown pics but until it gets here I wont know it's exact condition.Guess I'm a '39 guy when it comes to CE's.

Bob40...attempting to slim down to actually fit in the durn things.

Deactivated
    quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Jeff[8D]

Just George

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

George in Washington State

Deactivated

Jeff[8D]

Just George

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

Deactivated
    Jeff: Thanks for the great advice. I sent you an email. Feel free to check it out. Thanks again.

George

Jeff[8D]

Just George

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

Deactivated
    Jeff: Thanks for the great advice. I sent you an email. Feel free to check it out. Thanks again.

George

Jeff[8D]

Just George

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '61 Hawk (project)

Deactivated
    I wish I was your friend. He got a nice truck for the money. I appreciate your reply to my question. However, if you do see or hear of anyone selling a CE Truck ( Preferrably 37 ) I would be interested. Seems production numbers were better that year. I would be totally up to have it restored to originall condition, not hot rod. Thanks again. George

Deactivated
    I wish I was your friend. He got a nice truck for the money. I appreciate your reply to my question. However, if you do see or hear of anyone selling a CE Truck ( Preferrably 37 ) I would be interested. Seems production numbers were better that year. I would be totally up to have it restored to originall condition, not hot rod. Thanks again. George