Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote: I think what was meant is that one cannot 'stamp'the name 'studebaker' and place it on a car and call it a 'studebaker' without some sort of legal trouble. I notice even toys, need permission nowdays........ Probably a topic for lawyers, and not for this forum.
    This is a little off the subject, but a friend who is into models told me that they can't put the name "REO Speedwagon" on a model of a REO Speedwagon because the rock group has the right to the name!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: I think what was meant is that one cannot 'stamp'the name 'studebaker' and place it on a car and call it a 'studebaker' without some sort of legal trouble. I notice even toys, need permission nowdays........ Probably a topic for lawyers, and not for this forum.
      This is a little off the subject, but a friend who is into models told me that they can't put the name "REO Speedwagon" on a model of a REO Speedwagon because the rock group has the right to the name!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
        It gets weirder. Various aircraft companies now license the right to make plastic kits of fighter jets to model makers such as Revell. Even though the design was paid for by US taxpayers.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
          It gets weirder. Various aircraft companies now license the right to make plastic kits of fighter jets to model makers such as Revell. Even though the design was paid for by US taxpayers.

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The people running the Studebaker Motor Company website are hilarious! I hope a thread is established by them here. It's a hoot! Just wait and see...(LOL)

Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The people running the Studebaker Motor Company website are hilarious! I hope a thread is established by them here. It's a hoot! Just wait and see...(LOL)

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Ron Smith

Comment

You mean you think there's more than one person at Studebaker Motor Company?
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

You mean you think there's more than one person at Studebaker Motor Company?
                  "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Last time this clown turned up, it was found out that there's at least three people involved in this. Unfortuneately, the CEO or publicity agent, isn't as easily baited as before. No more capslock messages.... So very disapointing. The mispellings were fun too.

Lotsa Larks!
                    Ron Smith
                    Ron Smith

Comment

Last time this clown turned up, it was found out that there's at least three people involved in this. Unfortuneately, the CEO or publicity agent, isn't as easily baited as before. No more capslock messages.... So very disapointing. The mispellings were fun too.

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Ron Smith

Comment

I'm not sure how to explain this, but here are two renderings of a motorcycle for the Studebaker Motor Company. They apparently were done by Dmitri Samal.

I thought I'd just leave the link instead of posting the pictures since I think they're copyrighted.

Nice motorcycle!

Here is Mr. Samal's website: http://www.samal-design.com/index.htm .

He is quite talented, from the looks of it.

Comment

I'm not sure how to explain this, but here are two renderings of a motorcycle for the Studebaker Motor Company. They apparently were done by Dmitri Samal.

I thought I'd just leave the link instead of posting the pictures since I think they're copyrighted.

Nice motorcycle!

Here is Mr. Samal's website: http://www.samal-design.com/index.htm .

He is quite talented, from the looks of it.

Comment

Nice design. Reminds me of a Buell. Perimeter frame, nice rake on the forks, inline four... Air cooled? Yikes! And that pipe! It would fry your leg on a regular basis. Other than that... a nice looking bike. Now, what was that about cars[?][)]

Lotsa Larks!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                            Ron Smith

Comment

Nice design. Reminds me of a Buell. Perimeter frame, nice rake on the forks, inline four... Air cooled? Yikes! And that pipe! It would fry your leg on a regular basis. Other than that... a nice looking bike. Now, what was that about cars[?][)]

Lotsa Larks!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                              Ron Smith

Comment

Wow![:0] This is EXCITING!!![] Man, I can't decide if that thing reminds me more of a '51 Business Coupe or a 53 Starliner! I mean - the resemblance is UNCANNY!

Miscreant adrift in
                                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                                1960 Larkvertible V8
                                1958 Provincial wagon
                                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X