Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 tone paint job

Hi Folks,
    I'm new to the site and just picked up a 52 Commander V-8 in Rio Green. It's a 4 door and was curious if they came with 2 tone paint. I like the color scheme when the roof is Shadow Green.
    Thanks for any information.

A Rivieccio

NO, not a standard factory option.
    Studebaker would paint fleet order cars as requested.
    If you are trying to keep the car near correct, restoring it, or plan on showing it, I strongly suggest that you do not two-tone it. Everyone will tell you that it is incorrect and you will get docked points for the two-tone.
    With all that said, it is your car, do as you wish.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

NO, not a standard factory option.
      Studebaker would paint fleet order cars as requested.
      If you are trying to keep the car near correct, restoring it, or plan on showing it, I strongly suggest that you do not two-tone it. Everyone will tell you that it is incorrect and you will get docked points for the two-tone.
      With all that said, it is your car, do as you wish.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

There is a 52 Land Cruiser in Richmond that I saw at a show. The owner painted it two tone blue & white.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

There is a 52 Land Cruiser in Richmond that I saw at a show. The owner painted it two tone blue & white.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Anthony... If you have not already done so, you should join the SDC - your best source for Studebaker parts/information/comradery.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/aboutsdc.asp

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23-25, 2009?
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd
              [?] Is this a Pop Quiz, Leonard? Are there any accessories missing from that Land Cruiser? Darned if I can find any! [:0]BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Is this a Pop Quiz, Leonard? Are there any accessories missing from that Land Cruiser? Darned if I can find any! BP
                The only ones I see are the sun visor and the license plate frame (he has the wrong one!)

I can't see if he has the windshield washer, but I assume he does.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Hey, Leonard
                  As usual, a picture for every situation. I really like the looks of the two-tone on that 52.
                  I believe you know my 53 is also two-tone white over blue.

Anthony, welcome to the Forum, and when you paint yours, be sure to post some pictures!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                  53 Starliner Hardtop
                  Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Hey, Leonard
                    As usual, a picture for every situation. I really like the looks of the two-tone on that 52.

Anthony, welcome to the Forum, and when you paint yours, be sure to post some pictures!

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                    53 Starliner Hardtop
                    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

quote: Hey, Leonard
                      You need to post a picture of your car Bob. I have known you for over a year and I have never seen it. The only one you post is the one by ole Ray.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Leonard Shepherd
                        [?] Is this a Pop Quiz, Leonard? Are there any accessories missing from that Land Cruiser? Darned if I can find any! [:0]BP
                        Well, I see an exhaust tip- but it's not correct! One of our chapter members here had a 52 Land Cruiser that came from the west coast, that's equipped with every option EXCEPT park brake indicator light.

Evan Davis
                        Prairie Bulletin
                        Saskatchewan Chapter
                        Prince Albert, Sk
                        Evan Davis
                        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Leonard Shepherd
                          Well, I see an exhaust tip- but it's not correct! One of our chapter members here had a 52 Land Cruiser that came from the west coast, that's equipped with every option EXCEPT park brake indicator light.

Evan Davis
                          Prairie Bulletin
                          Saskatchewan Chapter
                          Prince Albert, Sk
                          Evan Davis
                          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I guess two tones were the in thing at one time. The 52 Land Cruiser my dad had in the late 70s was Rio Green with a tan top when he bought it. When he got it painted it was put back one color. If I had realized how sturdy those automatics were I might have encouraged him to keep it.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
                            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                            "In the heart of Arkansas."
                            Searcy, Arkansas
                            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Where are the fuzzy dice?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
                              X