Thread: 1964 Avanti R-3 Clone for Sale

1964 Avanti R-3 Clone for Sale

Are you interested in an Avanti R-3 clone? There is one for sale. The car is equipped with a 4 Speed Transmission and A/C. The car is a show winner and has only accumulated 4K in miles since it was completely restored and converted to an R-3. The car has always be garage kept and it is in fantastic condition with lots of chrome and 16" tires. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures to post today but will have shortly. I have personally seen this car, driven it and been around it since it's arrival in this area several years ago. The car is advertized in the upcoming Avanti Magazine which is going to press tonight and will be in the hands of AOAI members in about two weeks. This is a heads-up notice for purchase of this car. The asking price is $40K but is negotiable. If you are seriously interested in this car contact me outside of here and I will put you in touch with the owner. I hope to be able to post pictures no later than Monday and will probably put them in my Photobucket Account at that time. Questions, let me know.
    See you in the future as I write about our past

Champion Member
    I have some questions can you give me a call @ 360-931-2941 or e-mail me your number and I can call you,

Thanks, Louie

louis hanson

I can also vouch for the seller. I remember when he got the car. If it weren't for his circumstances you could bet he would not sell this car.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
    '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
    '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
    Museum R-4 engine
    1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
    1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)

Louie, I loading pictures to my photobucket account right now and will post the link asap on this car. I own it's twin R-2 bought from the same owner. Paul you are correct, the car would nt be for sale except because of the owner health circumstances.

here's a few pictures

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

This is a great car and I own its twin R-2

Golden Hawk Member
    This Avanti is for sale in the June Turning Wheels, that many already have. I too will vouch for the owner/seller.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Gary, car's also in the latest AVANTI Magazine that is being delivered as we speak and already in the hands of many. I know you know the car just as I do. I have personally driven it and man what fun. I just wish I had the $$$ and space for it as it'd be joining it's twin in the Lehigh Valley

Commander Member
    Please,more pics.

I have 4 more pictures that were also supplied to me by the owner. I have scanned them but they are not in my photbucket account. If you are interested in this car aand many will vouch for it as many have already done, contact me and we can talk about it. It is in June;s TW and also in the Avanti Magazine.