This "Stove Huggers" forum is for "off-topic" discussions. General topics that are NOT specific to Studebakers are to be posted here.
Studebaker-specific topics are to be posted in either the "General Studebaker Discussion" or "Tech Talk" forums.
Remember, no politics, religion or other volatile topics are allowed and the same rules of personal conduct in this forum apply. Like all the forums on this website, the topics and posts made here are those of the individual posting and NOT the opinion, policy or attitude of the Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc. Topics and/or this entire forum is subject to deletion if its participants cannot be respectful of others opinions and/or repeated personal arguments.
NOTE: REGISTERING FOR THE SDC FORUM IS DIFFERENT THAN YOUR ONLINE SDC MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT!
The SDC Members Area and the SDC Forum are two separate systems, managed by two separate people. For security reasons, they DO NOT share the same login information. You must set up two separate accounts.
For all SDC members (new AND old) that means:
1. If you have not already set up your online SDC "membership" account you can do so by going to the SDC Home Page and clicking the "Member Area" link in the upper right corner. Here's the direct link: https://secure.cornerstonereg.com/sdc/login.asp
All questions regarding your SDC Membership account are to be directed to email@example.com
2. If you have not specifically registered for the SDC Forum, you do that by going to the Forum page and clicking on the "Register" link. Here's the link to the main Forum page: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...um/default.asp
All questions regarding your SDC Forum account should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDC Forum Advertising Policy
The following policy, having been established and approved by the Studebaker Drivers Club Board of Directors, is effective immediately 2/24/06). This policy states:
Studebaker vehicles or parts may be posted in the “General Studebaker Discussion” Forum of our SDC website with the following limitations:
1. A single posting may contain no more than 5 vehicles or items for sale.
2. Only one (1) posting per week will be accepted listing vehicles or items for sale from each participant.
3. Advertisers who have had their Turning Wheels advertising privileges revoked and not reinstated are not permitted to list vehicles or parts for sale on our webpage.
4. Complaints regarding forum advertisers will be directed to the Turning Wheels Complaints Arbiter and the same standards will apply to forum advertisers as Turning Wheels advertisers. These standards are printed in Turning Wheels and at, http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tw_adpolicies.asp
Help Others Help You
When posting inquiries and replying to requests for information, problem, parts/cars wanted or for sale, PLEASE be sure to include:
1. The city and state you and/or the vehicle are located
2. Model and year of the Studebaker being discussed
3. As much detail as you can provide
4. Use a topic title that is to the point and descriptive of the topic (so others will understand it and can more easily find it when using the "search" feature)
This will really help other forum members help you.
NOTE: It would be great if all registered forum members would include their city and state in their signature and/or their "profile" page so other members can easily find where members are from. This is not mandatory and we do not want to invade anyone's privacy but it sure would be helpful. You can elect to include your city & state in your forum signature as I have done below by adding it to the signature area on your Profile page. Or, you can now include your city & state in your "Profile" (because your dumb webmaster finally figured out how to turn on that feature!)
General Forum Participation Agreement
[u]Following are the general forum participa