Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Willis of the Rock River Valley Chapter SDC passed away this morning May 18th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Willis of the Rock River Valley Chapter SDC passed away this morning May 18th 2019

It is with great sadness that I bring the news that Jack Willis, another significant SDC member has passed away this morning at about 1:30 am. Jack had been suffering with chronic heart problems for several years now. Jack was a past president of the Rock River Valley Chapter of SDC from 2001 to 2017 and was responsible for clubs highest membership (several years over 100 members). He was also a member of Black Hawk and Wisconsin Region Chapters. He was the Illinois Regional Manager for the Upper Mississippi Valley Zone for many years as well.

I first met Jack when I joined the National, but not the local Chapter. Jack pursued me like he would anyone else he though might join. I said, no thanks, but like usual Jack didn't give up and after sometime I did join and it has been the highlight of our car club experience. Thank-you Jack and may you rest in peace.

Jerry Johnson

Jack was a great guy and was an example of how things could be done in our organization. Jack used to call me at least once a week bragging about signing up another one or two members to the RRVC. He was our excellent Regional Manager for Illinois for a number of years until health issues slowed him down. I advised him to "Take care of your health & we will try to take care of your Studebaker Drivers Club duties". He was the one to recommend Paul Windish to take over his position as Regional Manager for Illinois & we have been doing fine. The Studebaker world lost another great leader. May God continue to bless the Willis family!

Comment

Working...
    X