Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Georgia Member Jim Carto passes March 16th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Georgia Member Jim Carto passes March 16th.

Long time member and friend to all Jim "Jimmy" Carto passed away unexpectedly March 16th. He is survived by his wife Dot.

See his obituary here: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ha...4450&fhid=3633
    sigpic

Wayne Lee

Boy, Jim was a busy guy. It is sad that the club has lost another member and his family has lost an important member. Thank you for sharing his passing.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

That is sad to me as I bought my Avanti (63R-3062) from him in 2012...a real honest standup car guy...I met him and Dot for the first time at the 2012 SDC/AOAI 50th anniversary event in South Bend.

Comment

The name does not ring a bell with me, but I may have known him (through Chrysler or Studebaker clubs). My condolences to the family. He is another one of those younger guys that we have lost.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Great guy! Jim did a number of alternators for me - excellent work and true to his word. Always enjoyed talking at York meet. Sorry to hear of his passing.
          Rob in PA.

Comment

bought my 62' Champ from Jim back @ the Mass. International Meet in 89/90 ?? He lived in Connecticut at the time. Good truck/good guy....

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
              bought my 62' Champ from Jim back @ the Mass. International Meet in 89/90 ?? He lived in Connecticut at the time. Good truck/good guy....
              Since you included a couple of question marks - it was 1990 (I was there also).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Anyone have a picture of James "Jimmy" Carto, with a Studebaker or at an event? For the remembrance Project.

Peter C.
                T442163
                Crisitel@oit.Rutgers.edu

Comment

Working...
                X