Now Here! Jack Heidel & friends land speed video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now Here! Jack Heidel & friends land speed video

'Way cool! (Jack Heidel is the fellow with the red Avanti. He's the one who says in the teaser, "This isn't flyin,' but it ain't bad!")

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOc-...are_video_user

The Real Thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NSUkCq7Yc

BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 04-25-2019, 09:09 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Cool! Short though.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

That looks real interesting. Do you know where this will be shown when it comes out?
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        That looks real interesting. Do you know where this will be shown when it comes out?
        No further details right now, Ed; everything I know is right here.

Jack advises that he will let me know when and where the finished product is available. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here's the latest, directly from Jack.

(ECTA = East Coast Timing Association, the sanctioning body.)

The video comes out April 22nd and will be about 20 minutes long. I’m not sure where it will appear.

I will find out more next week when the company making the video comes back here for more shots.

They want to go to the local Vocational School for some footage. The Stude truck was mostly built at the Vocational School by Wayne Smith’s Auto Tech Class. (I’m pretty sure you met Wayne at Wilmington. He was there twice and drove the Avanti on several passes.)

The main purpose for the project is P R for ECTA and to help promote their new owners and management. It will be on ECTAs website (I guess) and is on their Face Book page. It will also appear on some YouTube channel?

That’s about all I know about the project for now.

Jack

Comment

Shared in the "Studebakers of Scandinavia" facebook group...

Comment

Producers of the Documentary say they will have a few DVDs available at the South Bend Swap Meet for $10.00. Lots of Studebaker content.

Comment

Yeah, too bad we can't race there any more.

Comment

Here's the link to the full, 19-minute video. It looks like it will be taken down Sunday, April 28, so watch it now or you'll want to buy one at the May Meet in South Bend.

It sure looks nice; congrats to all. BP

Satisfaction of Speed: The JaWay Racing Story is about 3 men from TN that put their blood, sweat, and tears into their Studebaker's to go land speed racing. ...

Comment

Well done and very interesting. I wish brother Dan had survived long enough to see this. He would have loved it.

Bob, do you know if this will be made available to those of us who cannot make it to SB? Maybe ordering off the web? I would really like a copy of this.
                    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 04-25-2019, 01:32 PM.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Well done and very interesting. I wish brother Dan had survived long enough to see this. He would have loved it.

Bob, do you know if this will be made available to those of us who cannot make it to SB? Maybe ordering off the web? I would really like a copy of this.
                      Sure, Eddie; Jack Heidel will have copies to sell at the South Bend meet for $10 each.

I'm sure he'd be happy to sell you one for that, plus postage. Contact him at: jack767@highland.net

Best. Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X