Stude sighting in 1967 Dragnet episode "the LSD story"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude sighting in 1967 Dragnet episode "the LSD story"

This one may well have been noted before, but I've been watching some re-runs lately, and this instance caught my attention. As Friday and Gannon are sailing down the streets of LA in their gold '66 Fairlane, they pass a parked '53-54 2-dr Stude that's very light blue in color. It's quickie, but there's a particularly good shot of the front.
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Quite often see Studes in old 'Highway Patrol' episodes. Last one I remember seeing was a 2R truck with Caravan top and a jerry can or something mounted on the left front side of the bed.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Funny you posted this as I JUST watched two episodes of Dragnet on Cozi TV. I hadn't seen a show in years!
      -Matt

1963 GT Hawk
      1960 Metropolitan Convertible
      1972 AMC Javelin/ AMX
      1956 Cushman Eagle

Comment

Watching an 1974 episode of "Barney Miller" on Antenna TV, his wife Liz reminds him of "that night in Brooklyn in the back seat of the Studebaker." At the end of the show after returning home for the day, he tells her "I know a guys who's selling a Studebaker."

Comment

Watched D.O.A. on TCM last night, Edmund O’Briens rental car was a 48 Commander convertible, in many scenes.

Comment

Now that's cool. I think I recall seeing that episode decades ago. I think Hal is age 87 and Barb's 90 now. Time flies.

Originally posted by 56H-Y6 View Post
            Watching an 1974 episode of "Barney Miller" on Antenna TV, his wife Liz reminds him of "that night in Brooklyn in the back seat of the Studebaker." At the end of the show after returning home for the day, he tells her "I know a guys who's selling a Studebaker."
            edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
              This one may well have been noted before, but I've been watching some re-runs lately, and this instance caught my attention. As Friday and Gannon are sailing down the streets of LA in their gold '66 Fairlane, they pass a parked '53-54 2-dr Stude that's very light blue in color. It's quickie, but there's a particularly good shot of the front.
              Is that the episode where the drugs were stashed in an old cathedral radio in the kitchen? In an insulting tone, Friday says... "Nobody keeps an old radio that doesn't work." That brought a laugh as I have a collection of antique cathedral radios around the house - that don't work.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                Is that the episode where the drugs were stashed in an old cathedral radio in the kitchen? In an insulting tone, Friday says... "Nobody keeps an old radio that doesn't work." That brought a laugh as I have a collection of antique cathedral radios around the house - that don't work.
                I only have one (cathedral radio), but it does work.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I too , watch a lot of older series on the various channels that are showing them.

A few years ago , MeTV was showing the old series " The Naked City " , from the late 50's and into early 60's .
                  Much of it was shot on the streets of NYC , and quite often in the traffic Studebaker Lark Taxi Cabs could be seen .
                  Bill H
                  Daytona Beach
                  SDC member since 1970
                  Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Sorry. I do not recall that scene.

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                    edp/NC
                    \'63 Avanti
                    \'66 Commander

Comment

Yes, I too have noticed some Studes in Naked City and also "the Fugitive." btw, you live in such a beautiful place. I've been visiting Ormond/Daytona Beach since I was a kid in the 1960s. When we were there last fall there was a great Car Show on a Saturday, but I only saw one 1964 Studebaker 4-dr.

Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
                      I too , watch a lot of older series on the various channels that are showing them.

A few years ago , MeTV was showing the old series " The Naked City " , from the late 50's and into early 60's .
                      Much of it was shot on the streets of NYC , and quite often in the traffic Studebaker Lark Taxi Cabs could be seen .
                      edp/NC
                      \'63 Avanti
                      \'66 Commander

Comment

Another mention on "Barney Miller" Sargent Yemana (Jack Soo) takes a phone call about a stolen car, ask "What kind of car?" The answer "Studebaker, What's it look like? " He gets a description of various colored body panels and polka-dot seat covers. Then ask if they're sure they want it back...

Comment

I saw a Dr. Blake Mysteries from Australia a couple of nights ago. There were two scenes with a Hawk parked in front of a house.
                          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X