Thread: 1960 Lark Convertable Top

Champion Member

1960 Lark Convertable Top

Studebaker International no longer sells convertable tops. Any advice on where I can buy a new quality top.

President Member
    Any good auto top/interior shop should handle it. Also, might try a marine canvas/vinyl shop.....of course that's for installation. If you're going to just buy one.....it will likely be marked up due loss of labor...

President Member
    There are several sources for ready made Studebaker Lark Convertible tops, including color choices beyond black or white.
    If you are intending on having an upholstery shop install the top, I would consider buying through their normal source. Yes, there will be some $ mark up, but the shop will stand behind its installation that way.

President Member
    One thing I've been told is that the 1960 convertible top is different than the later years and you need to be careful in ordering the pre-made tops as some vendors advertise them as being the same. I don't know the specifics of what the difference is.
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Speedster Member
    Look on the website Convertible top guys. They carry all the tops and parts you'll need. I've been talking to them because I'm also restoring a 60 Lark convertible.

Very well put....that is a lesson I've learned....
    Quote Originally Posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
    There are several sources for ready made Studebaker Lark Convertible tops, including color choices beyond black or white.
    If you are intending on having an upholstery shop install the top, I would consider buying through their normal source. Yes, there will be some $ mark up, but the shop will stand behind its installation that way.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Champion Member
    Blog Entries
    I never found a 60 conv. top and what you end up getting is for a 61 and newer the change is where the top corner at the windshield curves in on a 60 it's straight and I could not pull a small buckle on the side at the front without hitting the wing window. Send a email address if u want a pic. Mark

Champion Member
    Mark
    Email is dpfeffer49@gmail.com

Don
    Text:: 218-851-3461