Thread: Vintage air

Vintage air

I just installed a Gen 2 evaporator with heat and defrost under the dash of my GT Hawk. Fits neatly underneath there the only thing that needs to be modified is the length of the glove box you have to cut off about 4 inches. You may ask why would I do with a climatizer well the reason being is that I no longer have the fender vents on my car and the way it was set up he was taking fresh air from under the wheel well. I should say dirty air from under the wheel well. I'm now deciding where to mount to controls. I'm thinking directly underneath the radio. Has anyone done this? How do you think it'll look?
    Mark Riesch
    Wilmington, NC

President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    [QUOT0E=TXmark;1148921]I just installed a Gen 2 evaporator with heat and defrost under the dash of my GT Hawk. Fits neatly underneath there the only thing that needs to be modified is the length of the glove box you have to cut off about 4 inches. You may ask why would I do with a climatizer well the reason being is that I no longer have the fender vents on my car and the way it was set up he was taking fresh air from under the wheel well. I should say dirty air from under the wheel well. I'm now deciding where to mount to controls. I'm thinking directly underneath the radio. Has anyone done this? How do you think it'll look?[/QUOTE]

Here's how I did mine.

I plan to put the radio in the console that will fill the gap between the bottom of the dash and the GT glove box between the seats.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

President Member
    I also installed the Gen 2 under the dash. I didn't lose any of the glove box. Here is how I mounted the controls.

Perry
    \'50 Business Champ,
    \'50 Starlight Champ,
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

President Member
    Put Vintage Air in my M series Pickup , I added a panel to my dash for extra mounting room
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Perry, (fpstude) that is a great looking uncluttered Dash and no cutting, or modifying it!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner