Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sequence of rebuilding/mounting instrument panel w/ windshield and interior requirements? (57GH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bez they are used on 62-64 so someone must be making them.

Comment

Not positive, but I believe that I saw the correct barrel nuts at Steven Allens booth. He may still stock them, or I used washers and nuts, and was able to put them on after the dash was in. It was not easy though, and the barrel nuts would be better. They were used as far back as my 1960 Hawk.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
        Not positive, but I believe that I saw the correct barrel nuts at Steven Allens booth. He may still stock them, or I used washers and nuts, and was able to put them on after the dash was in. It was not easy though, and the barrel nuts would be better. They were used as far back as my 1960 Hawk.
        I looked up "barrel nuts" online, and only find tubular/cylinder pieces, threaded on the ID. Some have screw heads on back, some are just a barrel with the threaded hole thru the middle; NONE are 'push in" the firewall so I can push the trim into them, that I can see. Does anyone have a part number for the later barrel nuts (my parts catalog is 56-58), so I can see if someone DOES have some left? Or, a picture or online URL to what I am looking for? I was imagining a retaining clip type thing that would be held IN the firewall, and I'd push the windshield trim studs through them. Everything I found is still threaded, so you'd still have to get back behind panel and turn them onto the stud. So I'm missing something here..... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X