1984 touring coupe avanti rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 touring coupe avanti rims

I am wondering what wheels were used on the 1984 touring coupe. Is there aftermarket copies? I just like the look of this wheel.

Originally posted by cabforward View Post
    I am wondering what wheels were used on the 1984 touring coupe. Is there aftermarket copies? I just like the look of this wheel.
    I believe that these were Western "BBS" style wheels.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

These were the wheels on the '84 I owned for a while. I had planned to sell the my '64, but decided I liked it better. The '84 had a "checkered past".
      Attached Files
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I would look for a set of 16" Ford Crown Vic/ Mercury Grand Marquis wheels, possibly town car had them. Maybe the Lincoln MK VII wheels would work. I'm not sure what years.

Here's a couple of links about the Mark VII wheels. It says they were styled by BBS but have a Ford logo on them 4 1/2" bolt pattern

thelincolnmarkviiclub.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thelincolnmarkviiclub.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Attached Files
        Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 02-12-2019, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Some years full-size Fords used a 5" bolt circle so make of any Ford wheels you might look at.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
            These were the wheels on the '84 I owned for a while. I had planned to sell the my '64, but decided I liked it better. The '84 had a "checkered past".
            Nothing like the Touring Coupe wheels.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I had a chance to buy one in 1998 but when it went on the rack and the screwdriver went thru the frame at the rear end hump I bailed. My Wife and I flew to Connecticut and wanted to drive it back to tennessee but somehow I did not just buy it anyway. It was a rebuild title and was cheep at the time 10k, dark blue. Now I will probably never know what it would be like to own a touring coupe. I am thinking of cloning my 63 that has the front end fiberglass damage. I would really like to have the wheels.
              The grand Marquee wheels are close.
              anyone know where a set of tc wheels are for sale and recaro's similar to the tc seats. Also is the touring coupe bumper fiberglass or plastic.
              A round headlight touring coupe.
              Also what kind of problem is it to install chevy 350 and 700r.
              Last thing is that I think the touring coupes had a massive 305? Is this true.

Comment

I had a chance to buy one in 1998 but when it went on the rack and the screwdriver went thru the frame at the rear end hump I bailed. My Wife and I flew to Connecticut and wanted to drive it back to tennessee but somehow I did not just buy it anyway. It was a rebuild title and was cheep at the time 10k, dark blue. Now I will probably never know what it would be like to own a touring coupe. I am thinking of cloning my 63 that has the front end fiberglass damage. I would really like to have the wheels.
                The grand Marquee wheels are close.
                anyone know where a set of tc wheels are for sale and recaro's similar to the tc seats. Also is the touring coupe bumper fiberglass or plastic.
                A round headlight touring coupe.
                Also what kind of problem is it to install chevy 350 and 700r.
                Last thing is that I think the touring coupes had a massive 305? Is this true.
                YES to your "last thing".
                I believe that I looked at that same TC that was for sale. I made him a cash offer that he thought was ridiculous at the time. I later found out that he ended up selling it for less than I had offered him.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I worked on an '85 and the whole bumper is fiberglass , the filler panel is also fiberglass. It does not take much impact to really mess one up.

Comment

I think the 84 tc is different than the 85. I think it is a little more boxier looking on the 84. not sure on the new stuff

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I believe that these were Western "BBS" style wheels.
                      I was wondering what diameter they were, looks like 15"

I have a 1984 Touring Coupe. The wheels seem unique and I have not seen another Avanti with the same wheels. Can someone tell me any history on these wheels?

Comment

I've got a set (4) off a Jaguar that look just like that...but they're painted silver. I don't now what the bolt pattern is...

Comment

I think the 84 tc is different than the 85. I think it is a little more boxier looking on the 84. not sure on the new stuff
                          There were 50 Touring Coupe models built for the 1984 model year. There were 1984 - 1985 Avantis built with touring coupe options.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                            I was wondering what diameter they were, looks like 15"

http://www.aoai.org/forums/topic/640...-coupe-wheels/
                            Since the wheels have 15 inch tires mounted on them, I would say that the wheels are 15"
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                              I've got a set (4) off a Jaguar that look just like that...but they're painted silver. I don't now what the bolt pattern is...
                              They might be 4 1/2" https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/whee...5x4.25-inches/

Comment

Working...
                              X