Thread: Car show inArizona

President Member

Swell stuff.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

President Member
    Thank's Bob, but I don't know how I feel about a car event in the sun, 1200 miles away. Instead of trees in bud, which would be the usual around here, it's unseasonably cold with snow on the ground. Hope it's an enjoyable event for all those lucky enough to attend. Maybe next year.

If should be in the mid 60's with some cloud cover
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Golden Hawk Member
    The way web sites run together, I took a quick look at this one and saw; Tucson new snow rather than Tucson news now .
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

President Member
    The annual Studebaker March Madness event hosted by the Grand Canyon Chapter will be at South Mountain Park in Phoenix Saturday March 2. This event alternates between Phoenix and Tucson every other year. Come and join the fun.

Denny Lockmon

I'm new to Arizona and still awaiting my Studebaker's arrival from Chicago. Joined the Grand Canyon chapter a couple weeks ago. I won't make the Canoa ranch meet but hope to have my car here in time for March Madness on South mountain.
    61 lark cruiser
    64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Speedster Member
    Thanks for posting this! I forwarded to my brother who lives in Tucson, to check out. Shame he doesn't have a Studebaker to bring..

President Member
    Our chapter was invited and Studebaker's will be the only cars showing. The Canoa ranch has a long and interesting history. Many movies were made around the area and the Hollywood guests stayed there in the 1940's and 1950's. The ranch was much larger than the 4,800 acres now but mostly retirement homes have been built over the years. We will be meeting in two caravans depending on our town location. Some people from the Grand Canyon Chapter are driving down as well. We as of now have 20 cars slated to show, but there is plenty of room for more. We will have show room cars as well as "patina" cars and works in progress. We are paying a $10.00 donation with the proceeds to benefit the restoration of the ranch. If anyone that visiting in the Tucson Area and would like to come, Studebaker or not, contact John Lewis at lewishoot@cox.net or call 520-954-0904.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    The way web sites run together, I took a quick look at this one and saw; Tucson new snow rather than Tucson news now .
    That is funny stuff. The picture of the 39 Coupe Express is a copy from the picture I took in 1989 for the back cover of Turning Wheels and is owned by Bruce Wheeler. He will not be showing the car but we will have a 37 Dictator Coupe as well as a great selection of what Studebaker offered over the years.

Bob Miles
    Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

President Member
    The snow gods and doctors have kept me in Indiana this winter. Have fun.