Thread: I guess it's official - Hell froze over - I heard it on the news

Silver Hawk Member

I guess it's official - Hell froze over - I heard it on the news

yup!

Bob
    , ,

Commander Member
    Double yup....and that is located in the warmer 'troll land' part of Michigan (they live UNDER the bridge). I am from the 'Yooper' side of the state, we even have our own candy bar! Just poking fun at our lower state cousins. Sherm/Green Bay (I can see the U.P. from from here on clear days, I wish!)

I am NOT looking forward to it, either! Its supposed to hit -17°F here this weekend at night, although the forecast says the temps will rise next week.

Craig

If hell froze over, at last we can expect the Lions to win the Super Bowl.

President Member
    My son used to live in Pinckney, so I have been to Hell and back. Sherm might be able to find a Wisconsin version of that UP treat called a "pastie." I think the miners of Finnish descent carried them for their lunch.

Commander Member
    Oh yes the family formula for the Cornish miner deep-dirt-food "pastie" made it to Green Bay. You can not buy a good locally produced one here. Shall we also add a Packers performance twist (NON performance going forward for next season) to the Lions chances? Hey Michidan is WKZO direct to you from Kalamazoo still on the air waves? Do you remember Jay Gould from Wowo in Fort Wayne? Oops, I am giving away my Goshen roots (Welsh Studebaker on old Hwy. 33, I think the dealership building is still standing). Sherm/Green Bay

President Member
    firestopper 25: We were very regular listening to Jay Gould and Bob SeaversSP when I was growing up near Kendallville north of Fort Wayne. WKZO was one of the channels we could pick up with our outside antenna on our Arvin TV. When I arrived in Naples, FL in 1988 there was a small shop near an industrial area specializing in pasties. It appeared they were popular with a lot of service workers which included many Hispanics. Maybe a break from Tex-Mex food which I like, also.