Lark wagon rear seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Lark wagon rear seat

Should have the 59 wagon on the road by the overdrive this year in the Northwest. About time had the car for 20 years but as you all know I did manage to restore a 49 2r during that period. The back seat folds down flat of course but I have two brackets that I assume hold the seat back in place that I have no idea where they attach too. No manual shows the location. My friend Ron has a 65 but the "catches" are completely different. Anyone have pictures showing placement?
    Regards,
    Mark

They should be similar to the 65 wagon. The wheel well has two studs, 1/4 -20 threads. The two brackets slide over the studs and 2 acorn nuts hold it . The seat back should have a tab like device that clips into the bracket. I have the new nuts for them, and may have some brackets.

Comment

My 56 project is set up the same way.Luck Doofus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00493.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1725018Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00492.jpg
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1725019Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00494.jpg
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1725020Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00495.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	1725021
        Okay fellows I have added some pictures of what I am trying to explain. The first and third pictures are the brackets. The second picture is what the seat rests on and the fourth is a general shot of the interior from the rear. Would like to know where these brackets attach. Thanks very much,
        Regards,
        Mark
        Last edited by 007; 01-22-2019, 12:18 PM. Reason: very

Comment

I think you have the 'S' shaped bracket swapped Lt to RT or turned around. I don't have a wagon handy today, but I can get pics later.

The clips go on the back of the seat, but you need to know where. I think they just hang over the edge, so they don't snag everything. If you put the seat back, you can see how and where things should meet.

( IF the seat hits the S bracket, they are flipped wrong ) (the seat sits on the rubber chunk, and the clip should just engage the S bracket at that point Maybe some one else has pics.

Comment

Hi Mark,
            The latches and clips are different on the 2 door Lark wagons. Your 2 door model allows someone to reach back and pull the seat down and the 4 door Wagonaire type require pushing on a different clip before pulling the seatback down.
            I'll run out and snap a picture of both to show the difference. Looking forward to seeing your wagon at the Northwest Overdrive Tour!
            James
            Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
            Bellingham, WA.

Comment

The pictures showing a red 1963 4 door inner fender bracket has a spring clip attached to the fender bracket. The spring clip flexes and attaches to the solid seat piece.

Notice the bracket on the 1961 2 door wagon with green inner fender doesn't have a clip attached to it. The seat clip flexes coming off the seat back and latches to the fender bracket.
              You will want to mount the inner fender brackets noting how much they can adjust and install the clips on the installed seat where it lines up best to reach, then fine adjust the fender brackets.
              James
              Attached Files
              Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Thanks James and to "S" for the information. So I could have the seat rests on the fenderwell backwards?
                The brackets that I pictured are attached to the bottom of the seat! Don't they then snag.
                "S" do you have pictures of the 59 Lark wagon. My research tells me that 1959 was the only year that used these brackets?
                Regards,
                Mark

Comment

Yes, you have your rubber chunk forward, and it should be rearward. Swap them Rt to Lt. or turn them around till it matches James' Set your seat up to them and locate where the clips get screwed. If you 'feel around' the original holes may be there if that's the original wood. I don't have a wagon today, no pics.

We have '57 's and 63's Sorry- no 59 sample

Comment

Mark,
                    Your bracket shown should be on the passenger side with long reach section facing forward and down.
                    The 1961 shown with green fender are the same bracket and clip as yours. They are taken on drivers side (easier if pictures rotated up clockwise).

#1 pic is seatback up (spring clip holding against fender bracket). The spring clip is mounted on seat back (screws in plywood behind mounted cushion).

Name:	20190122_160833.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1725035
                    #2 pic is the drivers side inner fender bracket with seat down.

Name:	20190122_160725.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1725036
                    #3 pic shows backside of spring clip and edge of seat towards door panel, with seat folded down.

Name:	20190122_160737.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1725037
                    This side and back where clip comes around has a gap (between clip and seat) and angle that allows it to spring towards seat and snaps into place on back of the bracket as shown in #1 pic.
                    There is a slight curve in the clip that allows it to slightly wrap behind the long reach of the fender bracket, while the seat back rests against the rubber.

James
                    Last edited by Bellingham Studenut; 01-23-2019, 04:10 PM.
                    Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Okay guys-I had the brackets reversed so this has been corrected and I am going into the garage to look at the clips and see if I can find the original holes in the seat back. I will keep you posted thanks a lot.
                      Regards,
                      Mark

Comment

Okay guys thanks for your help. I have taken a picture of the correctly installed brackets-thanks to everyone who helped me.
                        Regards,
                        MarkClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC00497.jpg
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	1725138
                        PS: In case you are wondering what the handle is I installed it from a Honda Odyssey to pull up the panel where the spare tire is kept.

Comment

Working...
                        X