Thread: Get better mobility at the next national

Get better mobility at the next national

So, I don't know about you guys, but when I go to a car show and have to walk back and forth and stand and then walk back and forth and stand etc. it really tires my legs out. Our shows are small. Go to Hershey and see how tired you get.

Well, Uncle Same is going to auction off four (4) Segways plus one (1) mobility scooter in three more days down at Ft. Sam Houston, TX. Starting bid is $250. These Segways sold for $7455.50 each when new. They each even come with a saddlebag and a helmet - how's that for consideration?

If interested, check out the auction announcement at the link below; and, if you intend to bid online, get cracking on getting yourself qualified and registered to bid. And, just in case you should win the auction, you might arrange with a club member who is somewhere in the area of Ft. Sam to go pick up the items after the auction, because one only has a limited amount of time to pick up the property or it goes back on the block again.

Here's the link: https://www.govplanet.com/Motorcycles?ct=35
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Buying a used cop car can be real dicey....
    Buying a used Segway cop gizmo can be just as troubling.
    Their description of the one I looked had had a bunch of electrical caveats...
    I'd be careful with those (opinion)
    And to boot... A new Segway x2SE is only $6499 new.

http://segway-0.shptron.com/p/segway...al-transporter

I have never been interested in those things. If I had one it would probably go missing while I was looking at someones stuff.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

There is a jogging/bike trail a hundred meters from my front door that is over twenty miles long. It runs through part of Seattle and passes through every significant Seattle suburb.

It is heavily used by joggers and folks walking their dogs who have to compete for space on the trail with thousands of alternative-transportation commuters - mostly on ordinary or recumbant bikes, but with the occasional quadricycle, recumbent quadricyle or Segway; and lots of those brightly-colored electric-motor-boosted share rental bikes that lots of halfwits abandon on the trail when they reach their destination.

When I'm out with the dog, I can usually count on seeing one or two Segways per walk. They move along at a pretty rapid clip but their riders seem to be able to easily maneuver around surprises on the trail and stop on a dime. They are very quiet. Even the dog has been startled when suddenly from behind I'll hear a bike bell and someone saying, "Watch your left," and they roll by. At least with a biker the movement and exertion seem to produce enough sound that they can't roll up from behind without me knowing they're there. Don't know about those electric-motor-boosted rental bikes yet. I've had plenty of them go by with riders peddling them manually but have never had one roll up and pass me from behind with the motor engaged.

I hear that Amazon has a bunch of Segways in use in their fullfillment warehouses. There are also a few Segway rental places around Seattle.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)