Thread: Car lift... How many of you .....

President Member

Car lift... How many of you .....

... would put your money on this thing?

https://www.rphydexaceig.com/?route=...zNwmTAX4htQYRs
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Great... If all you do is want to do brake work or shine your wheels.
    Useless for driveline a/o exhaust work.
    Owned six of them at one time... (got a bulk deal)...
    Kept the best one and sold off the rest, and then sold the best one.
    Don't miss them.
    My advice?
    Save up for a real lift.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Silver Hawk Member
    For $90 I'd buy one if I thought there was any chance of it being a real offer. By adding it to the cart, I'm on a Chromebook so I don't have much fear of clicking through, I also see delivery is $0.00 from a province in China.

It would be worth that much to me for just brake work and lifting the yard equipment and Kubota 900 for repairs. I do have a good 8' four post lift for starters though.

Color me skeptical at best.

Bob
    , ,

Speedster Member
    The description says its specifically for wheel and brake service. Still sketchy as hell.

I'm not sure I'd trust the ad. A similar lift at Harbor Freight - another Chinese company - is $1,499. Now, I know that HFT has to make money after importing them to the states, but a $1400 difference is kind of ridiculous. I think if you send that place $90, the receipient isn't likely to do anything but smile.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

I have a friend with a little beefier version that he uses for wheel work, and lower body work on cars. He seems to like it, but it's not the $89 version shown.

Speedster Member
    If you have a Sears auto center nearby that is closing it may be worth checking in to what they are doing with the lifts.When JC Penny closed their auto center they let them go for scrap value.

It is not clear that the price includes the motor for raising. I'm guessing that is separate.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Silver Hawk Member
    NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS ! ! ! ! My life is worth more than $89. Now then... for $100 I might risk my life and limb and mutilation and death and dismemberment and a crushed skull, but not for $89
    sals54

Back when I was selling fluid power supplies...I'm not sure I could sell you a seal repair kit for those cylinders for the price they are asking for that entire contraption!

This thing might work for my lawn mower, ATV, or even a motorcycle...but I ain't gonna put a vehicle on one. Like Jeff posted, it looks like this thing would be in the way of a lot of stuff you would like to work on under there.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

President Member
    I have one and I have used it for far more uses than listed above , Most recently I put a new rear seal and oil pan gaskets in the Avanti , But I will admit I have put extra support under the car depending on what I'm doing , Ed

So, I made a comment about this earlier today.

This afternoon - two minutes ago to be exact - I'm on Facebook and look what magically appears in my feed.
    https://www.facebook.com/78133394886...766779627/?t=0

Mr. Zuckerberg (I usually refer to him as Suckyerturd) and company are apparently eavesdropping on us all the time.
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird

When a post about an unfamiliar item awakens you skepticism...it is a good idea to "not trust, but verify"...so I thought I'd see what would happen if I searched good ol' eBay for a "Mid Frame Lift." Here's what popped up among others even more expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kernel-MR6K...UAAOSw-GNcEAa3
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

I also saw this ad on my Instagram feed. Something is not quite right for sure. I have a similar lift that was made by Benwil and I paid $2000 for it over 15 years ago. I thought that was a darn good price at the time. I use it for everything and it's paid for itself 1000 times over. I used to do side work everyday for years. For driveline and exhaust work you can use the truck adapters to raise the car another 8 inches above the platforms, still tight but it'll work. My current garage only has a ten foot ceiling so a full size lift is out of the question.

The question is could you trust a Co. called: rphydexaceig ?

There is absolutely NO mention of Shipping Cost, but they are "right here" in:

Yiwu Hongmao Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.
    No. 1341, Tongbao Road, Yusanli Street, Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province, COUNTRY unknown!

Surprise! Research shows it is China!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-13-2019 at 12:20 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Speedster Member
    Notice that in one of the pictures the license plate on the car says "BendPac". Also in that picture BendPac is shown on one of the hydraulic cylinders. BendPac is a manufacturer of high quality professional lifts. However, in the other pictures some other unknown brand is painted on the lifts. The BendPac website shows the real McCoy at $2275. I'm so tempted to be able to save $2185.10 I just might order this thing.

President Member
    Yep...brake/wheel and tire work only.
    Not worth the effort in any case in my book.

Mike

90 bucks sounds too good to be true. I already have three full size lifts, but if I thought it was for real I'd buy one just to use in place of a floor jack so I could lift all four wheels at once. If you go for it and buy one let us know if it's true and not a scam.

Speedster Member
    I have a four post lift and I'm really pleased with it- Chinese, was cheap, it works, it's safe etc. This thing is obviously limited in its application but its transportable and that's the kicker. Somebody is going to find this useful no matter what. In all honesty somebody has had to do the engineering analysis on the frame and componentry, so surely to God it ought to be safe. I'd be dammned if I'd fork out near $2K for one though, but somebody else might think it's jim Dandy for them. At $89 it would be really a good buy for Motorcycle work, though.
    Steve

Commander Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbisacca View Post
    Notice that in one of the pictures the license plate on the car says "BendPac". Also in that picture BendPac is shown on one of the hydraulic cylinders. BendPac is a manufacturer of high quality professional lifts. However, in the other pictures some other unknown brand is painted on the lifts. The BendPac website shows the real McCoy at $2275. I'm so tempted to be able to save $2185.10 I just might order this thing.
    Yeah, found the same thing - a BendPak MD-6XP. Most lifts ship for free as lift sales are highly competitive, but for $89 I'd guess the shipping here might be two grand plus! I have BendPak lifts and found they're all made in BendPak's plant in China.

President Member
    What I find scary is that the whole vehicle is supported by just 2 bolts, where the legs cross. How good are those bolts?
    Bill Jarvis

Speedster Member
    Its a scam my wife just showed me a blackstone grill, same add even the same price $89.90.
    I just bought & installed a triumph portable asymetrical 2 post. Lift, 7000 # cap 72" lift height. Works great no more
    Layin on the floor. Love it

Silver Hawk Member
    Apparently reading comprehension is dropping on the forum. At least two of you have asked about shipping and in my first post I said I had it calculated and it was $0.00. I did it again and it's still $0.00!

Old farts, make yah!! wonder. And some here complain about the younger generation.

Bob
    , ,

President Member
    Someone needs to order something from that company. I would really like to know if it is simply a scam. No way I am giving them a credit card number.

Not only the lift, but also these cool things at prices that are truly too good to be true:

https://www.rphydexaceig.com/index.p...product_id=121
    https://www.rphydexaceig.com/index.p...product_id=118
    https://www.rphydexaceig.com/index.p...product_id=116

If I thought I could get that lift for $89, I would do so. I have three other lifts, but it would work fine for brake work.

No, somebody does not need to order something from them.

That ad reeks of a scam and anyone ordering something from them just to find out if they are legit, when every kind of red flag in the world is being waved to tell you not to fall for their scam, would only make that person a fool's fool. Forget it. Nobody, not even the Chinese, is manufacturing a scissors lift for automobiles that sells for $90 - unless it's a model lift designed to lift plastic model cars, in which case it would be way over-priced.

Nah, this is just a thief who's playing the odds. He knows that for every hundred persons that read the ad there will be at least one sucker who will say, "OK, I'm gonna take a chance," and that's a helluva lot of suckers sending him $90 each, who are paying to build him a new house and for his kids' admittance into the best university.
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird

I actually did a body off frame restoration of my '53 Commander on a very similar mid rise, including removal of all the undercoating and refinishing the underfloor paint; but then again, I'm a masochist with interminable patience. And having the frame out from under the body made all the chassis restoration a snap. But my arthritis would prevent that from ever happening again.

Speedster Member
    I'm so tempted that I actually went to the web site. Scrolled to bottom and clicked on "About Us". Their company name is "Quiet Lavender". When I google Quiet Lavender here's what came up:
    "Quiet Lavender" which is located at www.quietlavender.com, is
    an untrustworthy online store
    . Online users are advised to stay away from the untrustworthy online store because those who shopped from it run the risk of receiving counterfeit goods or nothing at all. They also run the risk of their credit card information being used stolen and used fraudulently.