No announcement yet.

Car lift... How many of you .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Car lift... How many of you .....

... would put your money on this thing?

64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Great... If all you do is want to do brake work or shine your wheels.
    Useless for driveline a/o exhaust work.
    Owned six of them at one time... (got a bulk deal)...
    Kept the best one and sold off the rest, and then sold the best one.
    Don't miss them.
    My advice?
    Save up for a real lift.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

For $90 I'd buy one if I thought there was any chance of it being a real offer. By adding it to the cart, I'm on a Chromebook so I don't have much fear of clicking through, I also see delivery is $0.00 from a province in China.

It would be worth that much to me for just brake work and lifting the yard equipment and Kubota 900 for repairs. I do have a good 8' four post lift for starters though.

Color me skeptical at best.

Bob

Comment

The description says its specifically for wheel and brake service. Still sketchy as hell.

Comment

I'm not sure I'd trust the ad. A similar lift at Harbor Freight - another Chinese company - is $1,499. Now, I know that HFT has to make money after importing them to the states, but a $1400 difference is kind of ridiculous. I think if you send that place $90, the receipient isn't likely to do anything but smile.
          Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
          Kenmore, Washington
          hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
          '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
          '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
          '69 Pontiac Firebird
          (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I have a friend with a little beefier version that he uses for wheel work, and lower body work on cars. He seems to like it, but it's not the $89 version shown.
            Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

If you have a Sears auto center nearby that is closing it may be worth checking in to what they are doing with the lifts.When JC Penny closed their auto center they let them go for scrap value.

Comment

It is not clear that the price includes the motor for raising. I'm guessing that is separate.
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS ! ! ! ! My life is worth more than $89. Now then... for $100 I might risk my life and limb and mutilation and death and dismemberment and a crushed skull, but not for $89
                  sals54

Comment

Back when I was selling fluid power supplies...I'm not sure I could sell you a seal repair kit for those cylinders for the price they are asking for that entire contraption!

This thing might work for my lawn mower, ATV, or even a motorcycle...but I ain't gonna put a vehicle on one. Like Jeff posted, it looks like this thing would be in the way of a lot of stuff you would like to work on under there.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I have one and I have used it for far more uses than listed above , Most recently I put a new rear seal and oil pan gaskets in the Avanti , But I will admit I have put extra support under the car depending on what I'm doing , Ed

Comment

So, I made a comment about this earlier today.

This afternoon - two minutes ago to be exact - I'm on Facebook and look what magically appears in my feed.

Mr. Zuckerberg (I usually refer to him as Suckyerturd) and company are apparently eavesdropping on us all the time.
                        Kenmore, Washington
                        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                        '69 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

When a post about an unfamiliar item awakens you skepticism...it is a good idea to "not trust, but verify"...so I thought I'd see what would happen if I searched good ol' eBay for a "Mid Frame Lift." Here's what popped up among others even more expensive.

Mid Rise is ideal for tire, wheel, brake, and collision repair work. It's also great for new vehicle preparation on cars, vans, and light-duty trucks. Equipped with a portable trolley that supports the hydraulic pump and moves the lift, this portable scissor lift is great for garages that need the ability to shift their work areas around.
                          John Clary
                          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Here are some sources for new and used car lifts in the OP's area of operation.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                            '69 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

I also saw this ad on my Instagram feed. Something is not quite right for sure. I have a similar lift that was made by Benwil and I paid $2000 for it over 15 years ago. I thought that was a darn good price at the time. I use it for everything and it's paid for itself 1000 times over. I used to do side work everyday for years. For driveline and exhaust work you can use the truck adapters to raise the car another 8 inches above the platforms, still tight but it'll work. My current garage only has a ten foot ceiling so a full size lift is out of the question.

Comment

Working...
                              X