Thread: Correct Antifreeze tags for Larks?

Commander Member

Correct Antifreeze tags for Larks?

This is not all that important but Lark Antifreeze tags now have me confused. While at the MCACN show and admiring the last SB 'Lark' that Andy Beckman brought from the museum, I noticed the antifreeze tag on that was yellow and blue. I mentioned to Andy that I thought it should have been the red white and blue tag, and that was strange. Now I just found this link to a ~400 mile all original 64 that sold back in 2012. In one of the pictures you can see part of the antifreeze tag and it is yellow and blue. This all has me confused as to when the red/white/blue tags were used. I really like authenticity, perhaps in this case Studebaker was mixing and matching and using up old stuff as well as using new.

https://rmsothebys.com/hf12/hershey/...oXZ2z1304chb-8

Just because that car only had 400 miles on it doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s the original anti freeze tag

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

All of the Stickers, Tags, Decals on this "Original Car" very well could have been replaced to freshen up the Engine compartment, the mileage could be real but every detail is not.

I see a Replacement Voltage Regulator, NOT a Prestolite, 54 Years is a long time for paper tags to survive.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

I think Studebaker might have had the mentality to use things up that they already had in stock before you go with something new... A recent trip to SI allowed me to see a box with those blue/yellow anti-freeze tags that was over flowing - probably a couple thousand by itself. An item I purchased had the part number for it on the back of one of those tags...