Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are There Any Studebaker Parts or Events in the Phoenix Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are There Any Studebaker Parts or Events in the Phoenix Area?

I'll be in the Phoenix area shortly to look for a rust free newer car to replace my Minnesota road salt special. I was wondering if there are any good places near there to look for Studebaker parts, and are there any Studebaker events happening in the area during December or January? Thanks, Tom

There HAVE to be several SDC Members in that area that bought Chuck Naugle Estate Cars and Parts for resale, WHERE ARE you Guys?

I am not aware of any Large or rare New or Used Parts at Studebaker Parts.com, but you could ask Chuck and Russ there.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hi TWChamp:

Check SDC web site under: Events--Local Chapters & Contacts--Local Chapters, where you can visit Chapter web sites and see activities.

Best regards,
      Henry Votel,
      Forest Lake, MN
      Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

I don't know of any cars for sale, but that's on me, doesn't mean there aren't any. Here's a link to the chapter events pages in the current Echo, Grand Canyon State Chapter's newsletter: http://grandcanyonsdc.com/images/Cal...vents12-18.pdf The annual Winter Gathering on Jan. 19 always has a good turnout of people and cars, would be great to have you there.
        3H-C5 "The Blue Goose"

Comment

Tom, lots of things happening, along with the big auctions in January. BTW, that big shiny thing in the sky will be the Sun, can't miss it.
          Check the Phoenix craigslist for Studebaker parts and cars.
          Pull up the Grand Canyon Chapter, SDC newsletter, The Echo, for club activities going on during your stay. There is a meeting at the Mel Martin Museum on January 19TH that includes a car show, small swap meet and catered lunch.
          Check also with the Southern Arizona Chapter of SDC for events in that area, including the event at Tanque Verde Guest Ranch on January 20TH.
          There is a large salvage yard of vintage vehicles in Marana, AZ that ended up with a lot of the parts cars from the Naugle collection.
          There are always generic car shows on the weekends where you find a Studebaker or two hiding sometimes.
          When you get into town, give me a PM and we can see what's going on that you might be interested in or at least grab lunch or an adult beverage of choice.
          Ken
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Are you looking to buy a Studebaker or a daily driver?
            61 lark cruiser
            64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Yes, I'd like to find a car like my 1999 Olds 88 with 3.8 engine, but without all the Minnesota road salt rust. There was a low mileage 2002 Buick the other day, but it got sold immediately.

I'd like to look at Studebakers or buy some mint chrome for a 1950 Land Cruiser, as well as a few other parts. I'd sure like to come up with the firewall rubber for the steering column on a 1950 Commander. Looking in my parts book, it is a one year only part.

Comment

I will be in Apache Junction in January, and you would be welcome to come for visit. Two Studebakers there. Plan to do the Auction Week tour.
                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I do have the Land Cruiser I am parting. I have a couple of cars. Live 20 minutes out of Phoenix. John on the Westside has a huge selection of parts and cars. Agree the Auction scene is here. There are a couple of large cruises at the Scottsdale Pavilions(McDonald's Cruisein is the longest continuos cruise in the country) and Mesa/Superstition Pavilions Saturdays from about 3pm to night. 300-500 cars at these events. studebakerparts.com is located in Gilbert AZ.
                  51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
                  53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
                  62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

Few parts from a '51 will work on the '50

Comment

If the Southwest is like Florida, with a lot of retired people, be careful of older used cars. Many of the cars "retired" to those areas with their owners from places like Ohio, New York, Wisconsin, etc.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

There are so many car related events going on you have to pick and choose. Come and join us. I live inSun City that is North West Phoenix.
                        Denny Lockmon

Comment

Yes there is cars and parts to see in phx you should have no problem finding your brand X cars in those particular years with no problem solid as can be. Feel free to come by and take a look have a whole backyard full of Studebaker treasures thanks John Kroulik

Comment

Sounds great, and my girlfriend lives in Sun City West.

Comment

I have a 1997 Oldsmobile 88 with 76,000 original miles. I inherited the car with 29,000 miles. Not sure if that is what you are interested in owning but thought I would throw it out.

Bob Miles
                              Pacific Southwest Zone Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                              X