Thread: Door glass SIZE for 56 57 58 commander wagon

Commander Member

Door glass SIZE for 56 57 58 commander wagon

Fellas---- I bought a 56 2 door wagon----a spare door window came with the sale
    I took out the old glass and lined it up with the spare glass for comparison, and to my shock
    they were not the same size---- like one inch or so difference
    was this an old 4 door glass or something ? or from a 54 55 ?

thank you all

Some older Glass Shops will have the Pattern to cut a New door glass, or your cracked Original may be good enough to duplicate.

Was it the Height or Length that was different and which was Taller/Longer? Original or "Spare".

The 2 Door Sedans "F" Body, do not interchange with the 2 Door Wagons "D" Body.

Also the '54 and early '55's with the Straight Windshield, do not interchange with the Late '55 to '57 and '58 Scotsman 2 Door Wagon with the Wraparound Windshield.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-07-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Commander Member
    okay Rich---- I bet the previous owner gave me F body glass for the D body

The side glass should be flat. Just make a paper/cardboard pattern (I usually use 1/4" plywood) and any glass shop can make you one. Many have patterns for almost anything made aready, just call and ask. I got all six pieces of doorglass for my wagon made in TEMPERED glass not the old laminated stuff from a local glass shop for $200.

I've got a pile of Stude door glass; not sure what it's from but it's not C/K. If you know you dimentions it's free for the taking. May not be worth shipping though.

Commander Member
    Ben--- i am gonna have the original glass replicated, and have the darn installation finished at the same time

thanks gentlemen-----

Silver Hawk Member
    Congrats on the 56 Wagon. I've got one also. Please PM me. I've got a question for you. I've PMd you with my phone number.
    sals54

President Member
    Welcome to the 56 wagon club, a very small select group of Stude Nuts.I have a curved windshield Pelham project. Luck Doofus