• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only Studebakers on the list....

....are trucks!

Hagerty's Top 25 collector vehicles to watch:

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Thanks for posting, Bob...since I own one of those trucks, perhaps I can feel a tiny bit of pride in maintaining mine and caring for it for over 43 years.

But, to everyone attending this Thursday's Thanksgiving family gathering...

I'll still just be the old crazy uncle who putters around with that odd quaint Studebaker.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Bob, as part of my Studebaker collection includes an original, 49,000 mile 1949 2R-5, I say, GREAT!! Per Hagerty, it is in good-Plus condition. Somebody want to give me their price for it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0844.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1724442
      Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
      \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Bob I’d of thought you’d of realized that years ago
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I just read that article a few minutes ago and was thrilled that one of my vehicles was on the list. Thanks Bob for posting this. You beat me to it.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Well, that is good and bad. Good if you own one. Bad if you want to buy one. That said it is great that these trucks are getting some much deserved recognition
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Captain obvious works for Hagerty?

Comment

Geeze, why didn't they just say top 16 and ANY Chevy/GM truck.

Comment

Trucks in general seem to be gathering more interest amongst collectors. I bought my Champ 5 years ago. I like it so much that I would like another. The problem is what I want to pay will get me basically a junker. They “champs” have gone up since I bought mine for sure.
                  1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
                    Trucks in general seem to be gathering more interest amongst collectors. I bought my Champ 5 years ago. I like it so much that I would like another. The problem is what I want to pay will get me basically a junker. They “champs” have gone up since I bought mine for sure.
                    You certainly are correct. I was amazed at the number of trucks on Power Tour. I think originally the interest in trucks arose out of the low cost of trucks compared to cars in general, but muscle cars specifically. Of course that has changed with the increase in popularity.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by bensherb View Post
                      Geeze, why didn't they just say top 16 and ANY Chevy/GM truck.
                      They did'nt. My 1970 GMC is not on there. How could they skip such a fine truck?

Oh well, by grouping ALL post-war Studebaker Trucks together, They covered the bases ......

Comment

Not all.... 46 and 47 are missing! I missed out by just a year. Typical...

Comment

WHAT were they thinking? The 1948 to 1963 Studebaker Trucks?

The different Style, and "not so pretty" (IMHO) '48's don't fit in that Category, and the same Trucks as '63, in '64 are missing!
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't understand why, but I'm not finding any mention of Studebaker trucks, anywhere that I can get to, from this link? I do find a list that mentions several different, more mainstream, truck offerings! Have they been edited out, or am I missing something some where?

Mark
                            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
                              I don't understand why, but I'm not finding any mention of Studebaker trucks, anywhere that I can get to, from this link? I do find a list that mentions several different, more mainstream, truck offerings! Have they been edited out, or am I missing something some where?

Mark
                              I guess that you are missing something. When I now go to the article (link), I find the Studebaker trucks tied for 23rd (IIRC) in the listing at the end of the article.
                              Last edited by studegary; 11-21-2018, 06:41 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X