Thread: Highwaymen Car Club Plaque

Silver Hawk Member

Highwaymen Car Club Plaque

Way back in 08 I tried to find a plaque from the local car club four of us founded back in the late 50's. At the time, JDP suggested Creative Castings in Oregon. For a number of reasons, including lack of an original plaque, the project went into idle.

About two years ago, I ran into a local that had been a member (John) after I left the club and he had one hanging on the back of his T-bird. Probably the only one in captivity. John and I discussed getting the plaque reproduced but again calls said it would be best to send the plaque. John was agreeable but I couldn't bring myself to put it in mail or other other delivery service as John was in bad health and I knew losing the plaque would not do him well.

I did take a couple of good pictures and then the interest dropped as I continued on the 74 Avanti. John passed away during the summer and I again thought about the plaque. I couldn't bring myself to inquire to the family about the plaque as I knew how much his car and the plaque meant to them so I started covering the ground I had previously trod.

The original post popped up http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...en-Club-Plaque and I contacted Dan Bradley at Creative Castings.

Dan Bradley
    Creative Casting Co.
    3762 S 60th St.
    Tacoma, WA 98409
    253-475-2643
    www.creativecastingco.com

Dan said a good picture was all I needed with today's technology and they could make it darn close. So I sent him the picture I had.

Dan said no problem and sent a draft. After a short discussion on appearance We agreed on the design and Creative made four plaques. They arrived yesterday and it looks like I'm about a paint job and two "S" hooks from being 17 again.

The plaque looks old and that's what Dan and I settled on. Total cost $216.50 delivered for the four plaques. The mold will stay at Creative if I need more. I smiled a big one last night when I opened the box.

Bob
    , ,

Golden Hawk Member Dick Steinkamp's Avatar
    So cool!
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

That is indeed great. Good for you for tracking down an affordable source for the tag.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter