hurst shifter fitment t10 four speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: hurst shifter fitment t10 four speed

At the risk of someone here seeing the ad and buying this out from under me, can anyone tell me of this shifter looks like it would be a fit for a 60's Studebaker T10 four speed?

I am not that worried about the shift rods, as I have quite a few in my assortment, and can always fab some more.

Want to be sure that this will bolt to the T10.

Thanks for any help.

The Fords used at least three, maybe more, T10 tailhousings. None of them were exactly the same as the Studebaker. Having said that, the shifter itself is the same for all. it's not rocket science to make an adapter bracket to attach the shifter to the housing.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

The correct shifter adapter plate for the T10 is Hurst 1957773 or just 7773. If the bolt spacing in your Craigslist photo # 3 matches the spacing of the 7773 unit, it'd probably work.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The bracket looks like it lines up with the mounting holes in the tail shaft housing. But, as noted, would not be difficult to fab one.

Comment

The Hurst shifter and bracket you're looking for would be for an early 63ish Impala or other Chevy of the same era. They had the same mounting at the tail shaft and used all the same shift rods and whatnots.
          The OK area should have plenty of old timey Chevy guys lurking about. They'll probably have one layin around on a table in thier garage, just waiting for you to make an offer. Swap meets are also full of them.
          sals54

Comment

Working...
          X