Thread: Ann Curry's show "We'll Meet Again"

President Member

Ann Curry's show "We'll Meet Again"

This show is on PBS and they find someone whom someone interacted with years ago, whom they wish to reconnect with. Last night, two Vietnam veterans were reunited via the show, with an Army surgeon who saved the one man's leg when he had been told it would need to be amputated, and with a Chinook helicopter pilot who intercepted a Mayday message from the other and swooped in under enemy fire to rescue the man and five fellow soldiers.

This is quality television.

This season's episodes first air on Tuesday at 8 p.m. EST, but our local station is re-airing last night's episode later this week.

I can't recommend a show more than this one. Check your local PBS station's site to see if they're re-airing last night's episode.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

President Member Commander Eddie's Avatar
    Bill, that sounds really interesting.
    Our local PBS station (OPB) airs a regular program called "Oregon Experience" in cooperation with the Oregon Historical Society. These are well produced and extremely interesting. Recently they aired a couple of programs about the Indian tribes that lived in this State before and during the influx of white settlers. One was titled "Broken Treaties" and the other "The Modoc War". I learned more from those two programs than I ever did in school or my independent reading.
    This kind of programming is well worth supporting. Thanks for the tip about "We'll Meet Again". I will check our local listing to see if it airs here in Oregon.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

I watched that too. Excellent!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

outstanding, I too enjoyed the story