Thread: Car hauler suggestions

Car hauler suggestions

Guys - Wife and I are planning a move back to Washington state from Iowa and I will need to find a car hauler I can trust. It's times like these I ask myself, why did I buy that last car? I have 3 and love them all, but will likely pick one to sell online and maybe tow one behind my pickup - leaving one to be hauled. (Probably the 63 Avanti)

hoping someone has had a history with a hauler they've used and would be willing to share their experience. I have 1,600 miles and two mountain ranges to cross. Ugh! Wife suggests I wait out the winter and store the cars until spring, to move then.

Thanks for any input/stories/recommendations!

Silver Hawk Member
    As long as your pickup will haul it, U-haul. Don't leave home without one. Heavy duty, tracks well. Towed them as far a 1000 miles with my 83 Avanti on it. They were $55/dy back them.

Bob
    , ,

Thanks, Bob. I agree. Their stuff is stout and I've also used their trailers both open and enclosed, in the past.

Their car hauling trailers are top notch! I'd love to have one.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

President Member
    My 1963 Avanti has had long rides on both U-Haul and Penske car haulers. Both were fine. It was entertaining to watch the passing cars brake to check out the Avanti on the CT to IN passage behind a Penske truck..