Thread: Love my MaxJax...

Commander Member

Love my MaxJax...

Entering my 51st year, I’ve become tired of using a floor jack and stands to store up my car for the winter - plus, if I wanted to get in and under a little easier, even the highest stands don’t offer all that much room.

It took a while to find a decent SBS concrete drill for rent, but once the holes were cored and the inserts installed, this MaxJax system is so, so nice. Quality and finish are top-notch.

Shown here is my 51 Champion at the lowest “locked” setting; there are two more settings 1ft higher, each.

Full marks to Dannmar. Excellent engineering...

I would love to have something like that in my garage....maybe someday needs to be sooner.

Mark

Dumb question time...But I can't learn if I don't ask. What is the purpose of getting the car off the ground for storage?
    Mike Davis
    Regional Manager, North Carolina
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StudeNewby View Post
    Dumb question time...But I can't learn if I don't ask. What is the purpose of getting the car off the ground for storage?
    Things that I can think of - takes the weight off the tires (prevents flat spots and out of round), takes the weight off suspension (slows sagging) and helps to prevent infiltration (such as by rodents). Not my unit and I have never owned one, but this is what I thought of.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    Things that I can think of - takes the weight off the tires (prevents flat spots and out of round), takes the weight off suspension (slows sagging) and helps to prevent infiltration (such as by rodents). Not my unit and I have never owned one, but this is what I thought of.
    Many museums also place their cars on stands for that reason. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=palace

Craig