Love my MaxJax...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my MaxJax...

Entering my 51st year, I’ve become tired of using a floor jack and stands to store up my car for the winter - plus, if I wanted to get in and under a little easier, even the highest stands don’t offer all that much room.

It took a while to find a decent SBS concrete drill for rent, but once the holes were cored and the inserts installed, this MaxJax system is so, so nice. Quality and finish are top-notch.

Shown here is my 51 Champion at the lowest “locked” setting; there are two more settings 1ft higher, each.

Full marks to Dannmar. Excellent engineering...

I would love to have something like that in my garage....maybe someday needs to be sooner.

Mark

Comment

Dumb question time...But I can't learn if I don't ask. What is the purpose of getting the car off the ground for storage?
      Mike Davis
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
        Dumb question time...But I can't learn if I don't ask. What is the purpose of getting the car off the ground for storage?
        Things that I can think of - takes the weight off the tires (prevents flat spots and out of round), takes the weight off suspension (slows sagging) and helps to prevent infiltration (such as by rodents). Not my unit and I have never owned one, but this is what I thought of.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Things that I can think of - takes the weight off the tires (prevents flat spots and out of round), takes the weight off suspension (slows sagging) and helps to prevent infiltration (such as by rodents). Not my unit and I have never owned one, but this is what I thought of.
          Many museums also place their cars on stands for that reason. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=palace

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X